𝟎𝟏: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲

WHEN THE SHOGUN—was taken by the Abyss (𝘐 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘱 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘣𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵 𝘮𝘦),  she thought that would be the end of it. Her "death," at least, would not be too much of a hindrance to the eternity of Inazuma. When the Abyss monsters started chanting and opening up a portal, she thought that would be the end of it. Her being in the Abyss would not make too much of a difference, and she could self-destruct if things got too bad. When they pushed her through the portal and she fell from the sky into a place that was decidedly 𝘯𝘰𝘵 the Abyss, she was confused but thought that was the end of it.

That was most definitely 𝘯𝘰𝘵 the end of it.

The Shogun (𝘐 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘐 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘐 𝘴𝘶𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘦. 𝘚𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦, 𝘉𝘢𝘢𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬, 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘌𝘪'𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦.)  sighed, then got up from the ground, where she had lay splayed out until that moment.

She looked up and saw what seemed to be a building with a cone-shaped roof. Deciding to go inside, she was greeted with the sight of multitudes of men drinking alcohol. Baal, for that was what she had decided to go by, seemed to be in a different world, as she did not recognize the style of building. She sighed once more, then walked back out.

Unfortunately for her, her attire, which, it seemed, was not normal in this world, seemed to alarm some of the customers at the establishment, and they ran after her.

"Stop! You can't fool us... Merlin?"

"Yeah, she must be Merlin!"

𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯? 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵? 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦? 𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦?

"Who is this... Merlin you speak of?"

The person who was behind the counter inside the establishment was coming out of the door when she said this, possibly investigating why some of his customers wanted to chase after a woman who had entered, then immediately left.

"Merlin! That's you! The Boar's Sin of Gluttony!"

Baal tilted her head. "Who?"

"A criminal!"

At this, Baal frowned. "You wish to make yourself the enemy of eternity?"

Unfortunately for the men, they did not seem to be drunk enough to be unable to tell what they were doing, although their eyesight must be terrible if they had mistaken Baal for someone else.