Chapter 5 - Kiss

It's been over 20 minutes since I've last seen Bo. I've been playing with my food by now. I'm starting to get worried. Where is he?

"Excuse me." I almost jumped out of my seat. I regained my posture and turned to look at the person.

"Is this seat taken?"  She sat down before I could say anything. I tried to tell her, but the words wouldn't come out I was shaking with anxiety, this felt worse than my first date with Bo. Compared to this, I knew what I was doing.

"Hi there, my name is Madaline. What's yours?" Her voice was overly sweet and perky, which didn't sit right with me.

Oh no, did I look so lonely that a person felt so sorry for me that they decided to come over to chat with me? My face flushed in embarrassment.

"U-Uhm, David." I croaked out. This is bad, how do I tell her to leave?

"David." She repeated as if testing out my name.

"I think you're cute, David."

Do I respond with a compliment? Wait, no, that's stupid, you're dating someone here, and you don't want her to think you're available, just say thank you.

"Thank you," I said, which sounded more like a question.

"How long have you been here? Enjoying the sun?"

"Yes. I like it here. It's nice."

"What do you like about this place."

I gave myself a moment to think.

"The beach." Great one David, just giving her the ol' short answers. That will definitely tell her that you're not an awkward and socially deprived human being at all, yep not at all.

"I think I saw you a couple of days ago, at the beach. You and your friend."

Everything clicked in my head after she had said that. She was with the other lady that commented on Bo's abs. She was the one that wanted his number.

"Oh, you did?"

"Yeah. But, hey, my friend wants to give you something."

She took a note from her purse and slipped a note to me.

"My friend said you caught her eye."

She did?

I honestly don't think I'm much of a looker. I think I'm more on the average side if I'm trying to be nice to myself.

"And, also, this."

She slipped another note to me, in a different colour. She had given me both of their numbers. I looked at it in disbelief.

"Give this to your friend." She then strides away, winking at me and leaving a breath of her cheap perfume scent in her wake.

"W-Wait I'm taken..." But she was already gone.

I massaged the back of my neck, still blushing from the ordeal. Others may think look insane with the way I'm presenting myself. I looked like a blushing schoolgirl who was confessed to by her crush.

I was snapped back into reality when I see a familiar figure walking up towards me.

"Bo," I said, feeling relieved.

"You're back. I was getting so worried."

Bo stood at the table's edge but didn't sit down. He was looking in the direction that Madaline had gone. His mouth was in a shape of a sneer, his eyes were visible from my angle and they looked hostile. He must have seen her talking to me.

"Oh, she was talking to me and gave-"

The two notes were snatched from my grasp and shredded to pieces in an instant.