Chapter 4 - Sunscreen

It was our seventh day staying in Hawaii, and time was flying by too fast. I had so much fun spending time with Bo. We spent some time in the pool and the spa. We went sightseeing, visited waterfalls, and we star gazed together, and we would regularly eat different types of desserts. I should really watch Bo's consumption of sweets. He's just too obsessed with them.

We are currently in the shopping centres of Ala Moana, watching a band performance. It was enjoyable and refreshing to be somewhere different. I don't think I will be able to do this again any time soon. Especially with the wages I'm pulling in. God, I really do love ruining my own mood.

Bo seemed to be having a lifetime. He always had this constant smile on his face, even though nothing was interesting happening. We would walk down the streets hand in hand, and Bo would be smiling. We would be eating together, and he would be smiling. I would be talking to him about the most mundane things, and he would still be smiling. I don't know how he does it, but I hope he doesn't strain his face from smiling too much.

The band finished their last song, and everyone erupted into cheers and whistles as they applauded. Bo and I then went out for ice cream, in which I told him that it was enough sweets for today, making him all pouty, but it still didn't deter him to stop beaming once we held hands.

In earshot, I hear some people gossiping to themselves which caught my attention.

"Did you hear? Jonny Lapito is here in Hawaii." One excitedly exclaimed.

"Woah, who would have thought? I thought he would be hiding away in his mansion. Why come out here in the open? Isn't he afraid of the press? After what happened?" One questioned.

"Like he would care. He's choosing to spend his time here and ignore everything."

"I heard that he was in a scandal, probably in a romantic relationship with a side chick."

"Everyone knows that already. But what I heard, is that he is in huge debt with many people and he may also be a fraud."

"Woah, if I was him I would be hiding in my mansion. I wouldn't think of stepping out before everything settles down. That guy has balls."

"More like stupidity, really. I think he's cocky."

"Well, I'll still buy his products, no matter what."

They all then went off in another direction and disappeared around the corner. I looked down to see my ice cream melting and dripping down my hand.

"Whoops," I said and stood up from my seat.

"Bo, I'm going to get a napkin, I'll be back."

I then hurriedly rushed off to go find myself a napkin, leaving Bo to silently lick his ice cream. His mannerism made him seem distant, most likely because he heard the others gossiping.

Johnny Lapito.

Where have I heard that name before? Is he the one with the limousine at the hotel a couple of days ago?

I don't know well enough about this sort of stuff. And I don't know much about celebrities. I'm not even updated on pop culture.

Isn't he a famous athlete? Maybe he has shown up in a commercial or two. I think I vaguely remember that he got seriously injured in one of his games. He had to take months off and his fame was dwindling away, and so was his money. It was probably something along the line of that.

I cleaned myself off and went back to where Bo was still sitting. He had finished his ice cream and was just idling in his seat.

"I'm back. What should we do now?" I asked him.