10

Sasuke and Naruto quickly ran back inside. Their first thought was to immediately tell Kushina about the attack. 

Naruto quickly ran, dodging some guests until he finally reached his mother with Sasuke right behind him.

"Oh, Naruto! There you are! We're just about to sing happy bir-" 

"We've been attacked" Naruto interrupted out of breath

Kushina's eyes widened "What?! When?!"

"A few minutes ago. We managed to stop them, but there are definitely more coming." Sasuke said 

"Oh my- Honey, are you ok? Did they hurt you? Touch you?" Kushina cupped Naruto's cheeks while examining him worriedly

"I'm fine. It was Sasuke who got injured, but I healed him." Naruto said calmly

"Oh, thank kami... I'll quickly alert the guards to keep high alert. What do you think their motives are?"

"We don't exactly know, but they've targeted Naruto." Sasuke had said in a serious tone

"My precious baby is being targeted?!" Kushina gasped while hugging Naruto close. 

"Apparently..." Sasuke sighed

Kushina thought for a moment "After the party is over, I want you, Sasuke, to stay close to Naruto and never take your eyes off him. It's dangerous if Naruto is in the open alone."

Sasuke nodded.

Kushina then grabbed both of Naruto's shoulders and looked at him seriously "I want you to stay safe no matter what. Make sure Sasuke is with you at all times. We don't know anything about the attackers, they could be highly dangerous, so stay at home for the time being." 

Naruto had nodded 

Kushina stood up straight and cleared her throat "We'll continue with the party, but tell no one until the time is right."

"Understood." both Sasuke and Naruto said

Once the night was over, Sasuke took Naruto to his room. 

"Alright. Everyone is asleep right now." Sasuke said as he began to change into his nightwear.

Naruto quickly looked away as he sat on the bed "Yeah... it's about midnight now. Hours since... that happened..."

Sasuke stopped and turned to Naruto. The blonde was silent.

Sasuke walked to Naruto and crouched down, looking at the blondes face.

Naruto was nervous and he was afraid too. Anyone could tell.

"Why would they want to attack me... I didn't do anything wrong, or hurt people." Naruto said quietly.

"I don't know. They could have their reasons. Though it isn't a good thing." Sasuke replied

"What if... they're after the demon fox... If the holder of the demon fox dies, then the fox demon is released unless there's another vessel for it.." 

"Stop worrying about it, Naruto. For now you're safe. As long as I'm here." Sasuke brushed Naruto's blonde locks from his eyes.

Naruto slowly glanced at Sasuke with his eyes filled with worry. 

"Sasuke..." Naruto said softly. 

"Hm?"

"... I'm scared.." Naruto's voice cracked as tears filled his eyes.

"I am too.." Sasuke said as he sat next to Naruto and held him tightly.

"Sasuke, they'll hurt you again.. I don't want that." Naruto said with tears streaming down his cheeks.

"I know, Naruto. But I don't want anyone to touch or hurt you. You're mother also wouldn't want that." Sasuke said as he gently rocked Naruto back and forth.

"I just don't want anyone getting hurt.."

"I know..."

Naruto groaned as he felt sunlight coming from the window shining down on him. 

He turned and just laid against something... no, someone.

Naruto was too tired to care. He kept his eyes closed and cuddled closer to the figure.

"Naruto.. wake up." a husky voice said

Naruto slowly opened his eyes and glanced at the figure next to him, which was, unsurprisingly, Sasuke.

Naruto felt a bit more calmer it was just Sasuke and closed his eyes again "No... I want to sleep." he mumbled.

"You're not sleeping for the whole day." Sasuke said

"But I want to.."

"Come on, get up." Sasuke sat up 

"Noo" Naruto whined and hid his face in the pillows

"It's morning already and breakfast is probably ready." Sasuke got up from bed and was about to walk away before Naruto clung onto Sasuke's waist, half his body still on the bed as he buried his face into Sasuke's back. "Don't leave me.." he whimpered

Sasuke sighed "I'm not leaving. I'm just going to get dressed."

Naruto denied him and shook his head 

"Naruto, let go."

"No."

"Naruto.."

"I said no."

Sasuke pulled Naruto off him since he was stronger than the blonde, and sat him on the bed.

Naruto crossed his arms with a pout.

"At least now you're up." Sasuke had said as he took off his shirt.

"And I still want to go to sleep." Naruto huffed

"You can do that later. But right now it's time for breakfast."

"I'm not even hungry.." Naruto muttered before his stomach said otherwise as it growled loudly.

Sasuke stopped and chuckled "I don't think your belly agrees."

Naruto blushed and huffed again 

After Sasuke finished changing, he stared at Naruto who was still in his nightwear just sitting on the bed.

"Aren't you going to change?"

"We forgot"

Sasuke raised an eyebrow "Forgot what?"

Naruto looked up at Sasuke "We forgot to finish what we started yesterday."