Part Tweleve: Something New

"Elena is right, Ophelia is not that weak. Her nose would not bleed just because she was lighting a candle" Elena now held her daughter with fear in her, something was hurting her precious one and they were not able to discover it.

Klaus was holding Hope in his arms, walking around the living room. "Who can dare to hurt my daughter?"

Katherine narrowed her eyes and stood up. "Even she was not aware she was your daughter a week ago. Calm down and get over yourself" Freya pursed her lips and nodded. "Katherine is right, I don't think this is about you"

"So your family actually have one decent member after all"

"Well she was raised away from us, is not that normal?" Kol walked in sat down next to Elena. He looked at the grimoires Freya had in front of her. "Well, that's weird because no one is directly channeling her but she is lacking power yet she is the first born Mikaelson. Sounds like mathematics equation with three missing values" Everyone looked at Kol with boredom and he shrugged. Hope, now sitting on her uncle Kol's lap, held her sister's hand and smiled to the little girl. "I will protect you too, you have my word"

Elena smiled, Hope must have learned that from Elijah. She caressed the little girl's head and Klaus knew the deal was set. They were a family, he was going to own his place but Elena was ready to be the mother figure Hope had been lacking for the longest time. "So what are we going to do?"

"There is nothing we can do, other than waiting. Because there is no direct threat to her power, I can make her a necklace to protect her" Elena nodded.

"So" Elijah stepped into the room. "How about the schooling of the kids?"

"The boarding school, of course they will still stay in this house-"

"Objection" Elena raised her eyebrows and looked at Klaus' sudden outburst. "I am sorry?"

"My daughters are not going to that man's school and I am certain about that!" Ophelia flinched when Klaus raised his voice a bit much without realizing. Elena held her daughter's hand and smiled assuringly to Hope. "Nik, let's talk about this in the room, shall we?"

Klaus looked at the girls who were looking stressed and nodded. "Behind you, love" Both stood up and walked out of the room.

When they entered Klaus' room, Elena closed the door and sighed. "You must learn to control your voice around the girls"

"I know, I know it is just... Elena, Alaric hates me. He only tolerates Ophelia for your sake. I do not want my daughter to feel like an outsider" Elena closed her eyes and nodded. "You are right. But they have to go to school"

"We can homeschool them. I can teach French and Latin to them-"

"Nik, they are first graders"

"Earlier the better!" Elena let out a laugh and nodded. "Okay, look maybe this can work. But keep Latin away from my girls, they are too young to suffer that much" Elena laughed but realized Klaus was not laughing. "What-"

"Your girls" A smile crept upon his lips as he repeated after her. "I, uh, yeah I might have said that" Klaus smiled and nodded as he let out a chuckle. He held Elena's both hands and placed kisses on each. "I am making you a good promise, Elena Gilbert. The moment you forgive me I am making you my wife" Elena narrowed her eyes but let out a chuckle. "We will see about that"

"About being my wife?" Elena shook her head as she let out a laugh. "No, you wanker. About me forgiving you"

"Where did that wanker come from? Not your style at all, love. I am fairly confused" They both let out a chuckle out and Elena looked upon the ceiling. She nodded slowly. "I must admit, not having you around during her early life was more of a blessing then a curse"

"What does it mean?" Klaus asked immediately even though he was frankly afraid of the answer. "I know all about Dahlia and her project on newborns, and then there was a maniac sires era. Also Kol's girlfriend was fairly unstable, Hayley was killed; imagine all the things could have happened if Ophelia and I were in that situation"

"I swear it is safe now-"

"It is never safe, Klaus. But now I can protect myself and my daughter. That is the difference" Klaus fell onto the silence. He looked down and closed his eyes for a moment. "I can protect you too, you know?"

Elena shrugged. "You can protect Ophelia, and you would with everything you have and that is something I believe with my whole heart but for me? My safety, no Niklaus, I do not believe you with that one"

"Why?"

"Because you had betrayed me once for no reason. God knows what would you do if you were ever to given a fair reason" Elena stood up slowly as she made her way back to the door. "Love can be restored but trust, I hardly assume it can. So do not think for a second that I will completely forgive you"

She walked out and he realized for the last few days he was chasing after a delusional dream of them being a family. It was not that easy, he did not expect it to be but he was hoping to hear something nice.

He was naive, he was the oldest creature but he was so damn naive. He had only one moral compass, Elena herself. And now, she was not there for him. So he realized he needed something new.

His children perhaps.

a/n: OMG HI HI HI HI sorry for the short chapter and long wait, I LOVE YOU GUYS