Part Six: As Long As They Don't Touch

put your lips close to mine, as long as they don't touch

Elena had woken up, as she was still disoriented. She tried to register her surroundings as she heard a cheerful humming. Elena tried to move, but realized that she was strapped to a gurney. She attempted to break the constraints, but didn't succeed.

"What's happening?" Elena was struggling against the restraints again. A man was strapped to a gurney beside her. He looked at her, he could say she was the prettiest girl he had ever seen in a while. "Ahh. Welcome. I'm 12144. My name's Enzo"

Elena stared at Enzo in shock, then quickly looked horrified as she realized where she was and who she was there with. She shook her head. "Damon told me-"

"That I was dead? He wishes" Elena felt the darkness consuming her as her eyes got closed again. Enzo looked at the girl with pity and continued staring around, at least he was not alone anymore.

It was a few months after Ophelia's birth, Elena was a vampire due to her tragic death during the birth. No one was aware that her baby could save her, so when Jeremy called Kol and said Elena was dead, Kol did not expect to find Elena holding her baby in the living room as he arrived the Boarding House.

No one really expected Elena and Katherine to become best friends. Truth to be told, Elena did not expect that either. It all started when Katherine found her crying in the middle of the woods and holding her belly as she was cursing Klaus.

"Elena?" Elena did not even care that Katherine might have killed her. She continued crying as Katherine crouched down to her level, trying to understand what was happening with the doppelgänger. She knew Elena was shacking Klaus, so it was weird. "What's wrong?"

"Just leave me alone, for once! Leave me damn alone!" The older doppelgänger was still remembering the way she yelled at her face, not without fearing of her and for the first time Katherine seemed like she was impressed. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I am pregnant!" The younger doppelgänger yelled at Katherine which really baffled her. She looked at Elena and yes, her belly was a bit rounded and it did not look like a fat. Katherine gulped and looked at the doppelgänger. "Klaus' child?"

Elena nodded and Katherine sighed. Elena just looked at the sky as she continued to cry. "But I thought he left with that werewolf girl, Tyler's friend" Elena nodded again, making Katherine even more confused. "Hayley is pregnant as well, he took her and they've left"

Katherine's eyes widened because if the werewolf was pregnant it meant Klaus was cheating on Elena. The older Petrova gulped and looked at Elena. "Did he cheat on you with Tyler's friend?"

"And got her pregnant, and skipped the town as soon as he learned" Elena hated how it sounded, and beyond her, Katherine hated how it sounded. She looked at the girl sharing her face and fate at the same time.

Katerina thought she was in love, and she slept with someone who left her as soon as he heard the news of her pregnancy. So Katherine was understanding Elena in some weird way that she could not explain. "Does he know?"

"No, he just left. I couldn't tell him, he just left without any explanation nor an apology. He just packed his bag and left with Elijah" Katherine gulped and looked at the doppelgänger who was now too tired of crying. "And I have no one by my side other than Bonnie and Jeremy. Everyone hates me, Damon would probably kill me and the baby if he knew who the father is. I am officially fucked up" Katherine shook her head as she stood up and made Elena stand. Elena was looking at her with confusion as Katherine sighed. "I am not letting Damon to kill you, or the baby you are carrying"

Elena frowned, not understanding where was her kindness coming from. "Why are you helping me?" Katherine looked around, but the gave up on her excuses. "You are not the only Petrova who got heartbroken after she got pregnant. I know how you feel, and you occurred more lovable in some way, I can't tell"