𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚅𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝙸

Birds were chirping, the sky was painted a nice shade of turquoise and Rapunzel spent the morning decorating alongside her father and her sister. Rapunzel tossed the pink ribbon over to her dad, however her father was unable to catch it, which resulted in him getting tangled up in it.

"Oh! Oh, confound these infernal streamers!"

Rapunzel laughed, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Aw. Is the mighty king having a hard time?"

"It's not funny! Have you any idea how difficult it is to-"

Peaking out from behind Rapunzel, (Y/N) silently gestured to her hair, holding back a laugh. Raps only giggled.

"Oh. Hm."

The three laughed together, until the younger princess spotted a lantern. The same kind of lantern that had been used on Rapunzel's birthdays.

When she nudged the older princess, pointing towards it, Punzel gasped in delight.

Turning around, she watched in horror as her long golden hair started to glow. Corona was lit up by some sort of red light and everything practically screamed danger. As she heard her name being called, she turned back to see her father.

"Rapunzel! Stay here, with me, where you belong."

Then, she heard the voice of a friend in need.

"Rapunzel! Help me!"

Before she could turn around to look at the alchemist, her father spoke once again.

"Darling, don't!"

Black rocks started to shoot up from the ground, glowing blue. Terrified, Rapunzel started to run to her dad.

"Dad! Dad!"

More rocks started to sprout from the ground and when she finally got to her dad, she was too late.

Her father, the king, had been incased in a black rock.

She stared at her father in despair while her hair lost its glow.

"Dad?"

"Rapunzel!"

She looked around, seeing Varian standing in front of some kind of ... amber?

"You promised!"

He ran towards her angrily, black rocks shooting up right behind him before (Y/N) stepped up to shield her sister, the rocks suddenly exploding which emitted a blinding, white light.

"Ah!"

Rapunzel finally snapped awake, gasping for air and realizing she was floating over her balcony, hair spread around her.

Eugene entered her room.

"Hey Blondie you want- Ah!"

"Rapunzel! Aah! Ah!"

He came to aid her immediately, catching her before she could hit the ground.

Well this was certainly an interesting way to start the day.
.
.
.
You watched as your older sister finished hanging up papers, which showcased her crouching sadly in front of a big cluster of black rocks.

"It was like this dream I had after my coronation, only more intense." She started to ramble, stressed.

"This one- this one was trying to tell me something."

She hung up a picture of Varian, only that he looked sleep-deprived and not-so-friendly. That wasn't a good sign.

You chimed in, worried. That day was the first day you were allowed to leave your room again and of course something like this just had to happen. Just your luck.