Chapter 4- Hold on, Little one

Third person Pov

Adelina rushed to the operation theatre as soon as she got the message. She needed to save the patient's life. Two gunshots to the pelvic region and the patient was still breathing? It was the only thing that gave her hope. As she arrived outside the OT she saw a man dressed in a suit, covered in blood holding a crying girl in his arms trying to calm her but the poor girl just stared at the OT door while flailing her arms.
.....
Raphaël stood up as he saw Adelina. The look in his eyes is something which she had often seen when meeting th family of patients. "He has a slim rate of survival but we shall try our best" Adelina said as she hurriedly entered the OT, while Raphaël stood there in daze.
...........
Raphaël sat on the cold metal chairs of the waiting room. As soon as they had arrived, the doctors had rushed Luke to surgery. He hadn't understood the technicalities but the grim look on the female doctor's face told him enough. Liv sat besides him, eerily quite. Her eyes shifted everytime someone walked in and out of the Operation theatre. He tried to shake the image of Luke's bloodied body out of his head, but couldn't. Adelina on the other hand, was doing her best to save the boy. To her, this was more than a shot to restore her image as a good surgeon in Sarah's eyes. The boy somehow reminded her of her own reasons to become a surgeon.......

After more than 6 hours

Adelina's Pov
I came out of the OT hours later. I saw the man again. He was staring blankly at the ceiling. He rushed over to me as soon as he saw me. "Is he alright?" He asked with concern."Well.... he is out of danger, however he needs to be under observation and have therapy for at least a couple of months. He is very lucky to survive, Sir. Had you reached here 10 minutes late, he would have lost his life"