Fireworks? Really? (Reader X Castiel 5)

Reader X Castiel 5

Imagine spending time with Cas on the Fourth of July.

You got into the car with Cas before you headed off to your family's house to celebrate the Fourth of July. Cas had agreed to meet your family for the first time, you two had been dating for a year or two now and you finally felt comfortable with Cas meeting your family.

"So what do you all do on the Fourth of July?" Cas questioned.

"Well, we light off fireworks and spend time with family that we aren't around 24/7," you said starting the car. You felt the car bolt down the street and you heard Dean mutter, " jesus {Y/N}, didn't know you sped."

"I do, I am not always a goody two shoes," you commented. Whilst Sam just stayed silent in the back seat beside Dean.

After about fifteen minutes of awkward silence you arrived at your parents' house. You were a bit nervous as everyone got out of the car, you lead the way to the front door of your parents' house. You knocked on the front door and your mother had answered the door. A smile appeared on her face as she hugged you. "Who are these lovely young men with you?" She asked.

"Mom, this is my family. This is Cas, my boyfriend, and this is Sam and Dean, they are like brothers to me." You smiled sweetly.

"Oh okay, nice to meet you guys," she nodded and the guys nodded back. She let you guys in the house, in which the house was already filled with people. Then your mother direct you guys to where the drinks were and when dinner was, you thanked her and asked if she needed any help with dinner.

"{Y/N}, could you help with setting up the table outside?" She asked.

"Of course, what do you all need me to do?" You answered.

"If you could take all the things on the counter, that would be great, I am going to go by your father." Your mother said before leaving. Then you turned to the guys and started to carry stuff out to the table. You guys had set up the table so nicely and it was not long till the food was to be dished out.In that moment Dean was already eyeing up the apple pie he saw, then you stepped in and whispered, " save some pie for everyone else and I might ask to see if I can take a pie home with us." He nodded and you guys all got in line to get food.

You guys all sat down at a table that was set up outside also and it was just you guys. You guys all dug in and Cas just sat there, since he is an angel, they don't eat and your mother came over and talked to Cas about why he did not get any food. You had told her that Cas was not that hungry, she just dismissed that and went about talking to your father.

It started to get dark, in which means that the fireworks were due to start any minute. You sat down next to Cas on the grass on a blanket and Dean which left Sam next to Dean. So you took the opportunity to hold Cas' hand at this time, in which made you feel more at home. Just then they had shot off the first firework and you saw Cas bury his face into your side like a scared child. You looked down at him and said, "Cassie, are you okay?" He shook his head and the other two chuckled at Cas' childishness. You got up and took Cas with you, you instructed the guys to stay there and that you will be back soon enough. You took Cas inside and you two sat down in the living room, thank god there was no one else in there to judge poor Cas.

"Cas, are you afraid of fireworks?" You asked breaking the silence.

"Yes," you thought you heard him say. You cocked your head at the thought, an angel of the lord that has killed people is afraid of fireworks. Then you hugged Cas saying, "it will be okay Cas. I promise fireworks aren't that scary." As he just looked at you with a blank expression. You sat there in silence, except the fireworks exploding in the background, then you guys decided to go back outside again. You sat down in the same order again with Cas having your hand in a death grip, the poor little angel you thought.

Every time a firework went off Cas would squeeze your hand and you tried to shrug off the slight pain in your hand, you were only helping him and didn't bother to say a word to him. Once the fireworks had ended though, Cas let out a sigh of relief and let go of your hand, then you sat there playing with your hand to bring back the feeling in it. The guys looked at you awkwardly and you pointed at Cas as they nodded.

After everyone else left you helped clean up and got two apple pies in the process. Dean thanked your mother for the pies and then carried back to the car as you guys left. You hugged your mother quickly before you got in the car and headed home."These are the best pies ever and got two of them! These pies are worth it," Dean said. You could hear the smirk in Dean's voice even though you could not see his face.

You guys pulled up to the bunker and they all got out of the car. You smiled as you walked to the door of the bunker behind all the guys, you finally had a happy family. You felt complete and did not want to ever let this feeling go.

Once you got inside you saw Dean bolt off to the kitchen, Sam go to his room and Cas walked with you to your room. Cas sat down at the end of the bed as you got changed and removed your makeup. Cas cocked his head as you wiped the black eyeliner off. "Yes Cas?" You asked.

"What are you wiping off your face?" Cas questioned.

"Makeup."

"Why do you need makeup?""That I don't know, maybe because I am used to it or I just cover up imperfections."

"But I don't see anything wrong with your face."

"Thanks Cas." "You're welcome {Y/N}," he smiled. You came back over by him and kissed him passionately before crawling under the covers. Cas laid next to you on top of the covers because he did not sleep and was probably going to leave for a bit while you sleep. Soon enough you were out like a light.