Chapter - 3

My face drained of all colour and my body went weak, my hands that went over her shoulder consoling her fell limbly to my sides.

Never have I ever shared my story with anyone, It was just deep down in my thoughts and memories.

Even as I stared at this stranger right now, I didn't know what to decide on.

She had just shared her story with me, and I didn't even ask.

Does that mean I should be willing to share mine too?.

What if I don't want to, I don't need her pity.

"Damn! You are as red as a tomato right now, it's fine if you don't want to share" she shrugged her shoulders as she discarded the cigarette which she was done with.

She stepped on it, roughing it into the ground. She then got up, and picked the now empty bottle of rosè and walked towards the railings.

She rested her hands on the railing, then turned back to look at me, she tilted her head, motioning for me to join her.

I looked confused, but got up anyway as I let my legs lead me to the railing, next to her.

She raised the bottle by holding it at its head, and looked to me. She smirked probably at the fear evident on my face.

I couldn't help but notice the tiny dimple that was on her mouth.

She raised the bottle higher "Let's perform an experiment, shall we? How are we going to look when we fall from here".

She released the bottle and we both watched as the bottle went down, and in few seconds it landed with a loud crash, the bottle cracked and broke into a million pieces.

"Ha!" She screamed with a smile on her face, almost like she seemed thrilled and ecstatic.

That scared me.

The thoughts of falling down and dying from multiple bones crushing just like the bottle suddenly gave me chills.

She looked towards me, "you look like you would pee your pants, I should probably go first".

Wait, What?! She still wanted to jump from up here?

I didn't want to do it anymore, life still wasn't worth living, but I'll go for an easier death. 

Like taking an overdose of some sleeping tablets or whatever, there were various ways of doing it these days.

I watched her as she took off her sneakers and placed it neatly on the ground.

She returned to the railing, this time getting on top of it. "It's all going to end soon" she looked at me, turning her neck "It was nice meeting you mate". She smiled, very pretty smile. 

She doesn't deserve to die! All of these was never her fault.

She spread her arms apart ready to jump.

"I was the child my parents never wanted" I suddenly blurt out and that seemed to do what I intended, stopping her on her tracks.

She returned her hands to her side and turned to face me.

"Get down please, I want to share my story too". She took a deep sigh probably annoyed I killed her plan. But she shrugged her shoulders anyway and she jumped back down to the leveled ground.

I returned to the spot I sat on earlier and so did she  "hmmmm....still warm".

I looked over to her, not so sure if I want to share this with her anymore......earlier, I just didn't want her jumping to her death.