halloween special

Hi so this is  halloween special if you can read , if now why are you here? Anyway so i couldnt tell if i should do a one shotor another idea so ima do both. this is my first book so its gonna be bad srry
____________________________________________

Oneeshot: the lantern

tanjiro was sent on a mission to kill a demon over 50 miles east from the corps, when he came back he was expected to be greeted by his fellow yellow haired friend running behind him for shelter from their bore headed friend asking for a fight but instead he was greeted with silence. The whole demon slayer corps seemed eerie and abandoned, but that couldnt be the case as he had just been there a few days ago before he left for the mission and everything still where they were positioned to before.

"Hello?" Tanjiro called out, seeking confirmation if anyone was actually there. 'This cant be, it cant be abandoned on such short notice, with all their stuff left behind. Unless.... a demon attack! But there would be damage, what happened here...' tanjiro's thoughts were spinning as he tried to figure out what was going on.

He made his way through estates and building trying to find anything normal. He checked 4 building and 2 estates, flame and water before sun sets.

being safe to do so, he lets nezuko out to make sure she is still there and to keep an eye out to make sure nothing happens to her. Since its getting dark he and nezuko have to find something to help them see in the dark, ending up with two lanterns. One for ech of the Kamados. "Nezuko, i dont know what happened but everyone seems to be gone. Will you help me find them?" Nezuko responds with a concerned nod of her head confirming she would

They then check through all the buildings and estates except the butterfly estate seeing as most of their friends were there and not seeing them would be hell. Well, adding on to what's already happening. After they check they are hit with the reality that everything they love and know might be taken away from them a second time. The first being their families death.

"N...Nezuko..... th-his isn..." he couldnt finish his sentence but nezuko knew what he was going to say. Nezuko lets out a wail as her muzzle falls, hanging around her neck like a necklace. He hugs her brother so tight like he might disappear, and that might even happen. He hugs her back in a comforting manner, Tanjiro tries to stay positive for his sister but not long after nezuko's cries, tears of his own follow.

Tanjiro clenches his teeth and his hands grip tighter onto nezuko's kimono. They stay hugging for a while, holding onto the last bit of hope. Once they muster up enough courage they slowly enter the estate that looked to be taunting them for all that ha happened. Their hands still tight against each others so they dont separate, checking room for room their hopes dying out little by little, growing more desperate every room they check.

Until finally, they get to shinobu's lab room. The carefully slide the door off to the side and see kanao along with aoi and two of the dot-eyed girls(forgot their names) huddling in the corner silently crying.

"Kanao?! Aoi! Im so glad you guys are ok! I-I thought everyone was gone! What happened? w-wait why are you crying?" Tanjiro says relieved they found at least someone but confused and concerned at the same time. Nezuko runs over to the girls and hugs them as he close the door and approach them, lantern still in his hand. They finally look over at us.

"T-tanjiro...? Nezuko?" Kanao asks as if they might have just been hallucinations.. "Yes its us.....  What happened? Where is everyone?" Tanjiro ask still confused about everything. This time its one of the girls that respond "we dont know, we went to sleep one night, i think about two-ish days ago? But when we woke up e-everyone was g-one.! We thought there might have been an emergency meeting we slept through so we went to the meeting place but no one was there. No one!" The girl started crying

Nezuko then started trying to comfort her, that must have been very scary for them. "A-and then what happened...?" Tanjiro ask, still very curious on what happened to everyone and why the place reeked of horror, you could practically feel a heavy blanket of tension in the corps.

"We walked around for a bit and we saw this.... this... weird thing. We didnt see all of it but it sure has something to do with all this madness. I think it saw us when we ran, we couldnt kill it. It wasnt a demon but there is no way that 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 was human. We hid here, i dont think it can come here but we stayed as quiet as we could and use those sent blocking potions shinobu had." Aoi continued she looked horrified and Tanjiro would be to if he was there.

Hw walk over and aoi looks up at him, he squat down and place the lantern down. He  hugs her "that was probably the most scariest thing that would ever happen in my life."

Tanjiro knew that wasn't all of it but he didnt want to bring anything else sensitive up. He didnt know what to do, sleep was so out of the question. We cant go out because of that monster that might find us. 'Is it just the corps?' Tanjiro thought

"we 𝐡𝐚𝐝 shinobu.... that thing.... that thing.!" Kanao blurted out, she must have been spaced out, Tanjiro couldnt believe that this all happen. "Guys, i know this is scary and traumatizing but i dout you guys slept. How bout this, we sleep and take turns watching each other? That way we can know if dangers here" Tanjiro suggests, its not really a good idea but they need the sleep if they are going to make it through.

Its silent for a while, the girls not really wanting to, but after a while kanao speaks up "Fine.. but you and nezuko need the most sleep, Tanjiro, you just got back from a mission, your no dout tired, and nezuko, you need sleep if your going to be help. I think i should take the first shift. I can stay up long from.... past experiences and i know more about the monster than you guys plus i have the best sword skills besides tanjiro." None of them wanted to agree because they didnt want to put one another in danger but kanaos reasoning made the most sense.

They soon come to an agreement that kanao would take the first shift, aoi and Tanjiro take the next.  Aoi for info and him for fighting as she doesnt have any sword skills.

They all get positioned onto their futons and after a long time drift into a stressful slumber.

~~~             ~~~

Tanjiro wakes up and sees the sun has risen, but everyone was no where to be seen 'they wouldnt have left right? And atleast not without me..." His thoughts trail off. His lantern still be his side, but nezukos was gone. He panic and run outside, but when he does, he see the monster standing right infront of me sitting, waiting, smiling...
____________________________________________

1252 Words babyyyy i cant believe i did this in like 1 hour! Sorry if its bad and rlly cring i mean this is my first time and it didnt take the longest. Thanks for reading it anyway :>

on and i said i would give and idea aswell right? Well here,

shapeshifting demon:

Tanjiro was born into the family of light right? He was gifted a power from the gods, the ability to shapeshift.

he could easily shapeshift into animals but humans were harder, the smaller they were the easier it was. He still had his rock hard head and good smell. But he had this other ability, he unlocked it before his younger siblings were born and his parents made sure he didnt use this power as it could cause more harm them good.

on the day of his familys death, he came in time to see his sister injected with his blood and nezuko fell over with their youngest in her arms

he ran over but was hit before anything could process.

so yeah he is a demon shapeshifter

-they go through giyuu
-tanjiros senses are heightened as well as shapeshifting abilities

Yada yada yada, baiii!! Happy halloween ^ ^
(1454 words)