Chapter 5: Begging

[name] held the maid's hand in his. He was already tired enough with the time travelling but of course, one way or the other, trouble will tire him again. He sighed while holding his head in his hands.

A knock interrupted his rest. "Young Master, Lady Penelope wishes for your presence." It was Emily, Penelope's maid.

[name] stood up firmly and fixed his dress-shirt. If he was confronting her, this was the start of it.

"Lady Penelope, Master [name] has arrived." The maid opened the door for him. Penelope got up to bow down but [name] stopped her.

"We're siblings, no need for the formality here." [name] gave her his signature smile even though deep down he just wanted to scream out. He sat down on the chair just opposite to Penelope, he can see how Penelope got nervous.

"Dear brother, I have heard about you and your maid. I'm sorry this has happened to you." Emily served them tea but [name] could tell she was listening in on them.

"It is of no bother to you. Don't worry yourself with the affairs of me for I am more than capable to look after myself." [name] said while drinking the tea. It was cold but he decided to ignore.

Penelope took a sip of the tea and ordered Emily to bring her a hot one.

"Sister, it is quite okay to drink cold tea. This servant clearly doesn't know who her masters are, and should be punished for it." [name] glared at Emily with coldness lingering in his voice.

Penelope sighed and put the tea down. "Brother, this is the first time she has made a mistake. Why don't we let it go for this once?" She said, hoping that he would change his mind.

She guessed wrong.

"A servant should be punished if they make a mistake, first time or not, it doesn't matter." [name] got up and was ready to leave but Emily knelt in front of him.

"Master, it is my fault to serve you cold tea. Please forgive my mistakes. I promise it will not happen again." Emily said.

"I hope so." [name] walked away from her and opened the door. "Oh and sister? Next time, please send the butler." And closed the door.

Penelope sat there in shock, staring at the door with wide eyes.

Meanwhile, [name] was walking through the hallway, feeling proud that he stood up for himself. After all she didn't care when his nanny was dying, so why should he.

In a small part of his heart, he did feel regret.

"Master! Master! Please come have a look! The second young master is having a tantrum and requests for you. Please." The man practically got down on his knees. [name] sighed and walked towards Reynold's room.

"Brother? May I come in?" He heard no answer. After a while, he heard a bottle smashed on the wall.

He opened the door and as soon as he stepped a foot in, a bottle was thrown his way. He narrowly dodged it and the bottle smashed into a thousand pieces.

"Brother? What is all this ruckus about?" His voice was soft unlike a while ago with Penelope.

He didn't answer and just sat down on the chair behind him, holding his face in his hands while slouching over. [name] silently ordered the maids to leave the room.

"Reynold, please answer me. Why did you cause such noise?" [name]stood in front of him, slowly caressing Reynold's hair. Still, there was no answer.

"Please?" His voice got softer. Suddenly, Reynold lifted his hands and hugged [name] by the waist. "Please answer me Reynold."

"Don't leave me alone [name]. You are all I could trust. I can't do anything without your guidance." Reynold whispered quietly but [name] heard it.

"Of course I will not leave you. Who said that? They will be punished at once. You promised me that you would walk me down the aisle at my wedding." [name] smiled down at him. Though Reynold couldn't see it, he felt that [name] has smiled. So he also smiled.

"Yeah I did promise you that. Can't believe you remember those stupid words I said." Reynold said, holding [name] closer.

"Of course I did, I always did. Even I if those words meant rubbish." [name] whispered.

They stayed like that for a moment, just enjoying each other's presence.

To be continued

(Why did I suddenly go Sweet Home Alabama on the last part? Hemlp.)