Chapter 3: Protector

[name] collapsed on the bed. The maid ran out to call the doctor while [name] felt tears run out of his eyes. He felt so weak and tired.

"Doctor! Doctor! Please check Young Master [name]! Come!" The maid screamed inside the doctor's office.

"Please miss, calm down." The doctor said while grabbing his things. They ran to the room.

As they reached the door, Derrick appeared out the corner.

"What is all this?" His cold voice startled the both of them.

"Master Derrick, Young Master [name] is weak as she says and I'm here to check on him." The doctor opened the door.

"Young Master! Are you alright!?" The maid screamed again. The doctor sighed in the corner.

"No need to cause such a ruckus. [name] is just feeling weak." Reynold was there. He was feeding [name] soup while the latter was quiet.

"Sena, as Brother Reynold said, please calm down. I just felt weak so there's no need to worry." [name] was calm.

"Sorry to interrupt. But I'll need to check on Young Master here. It could be a serious issue."

Reynold gritted his teeth but [name] softly nudged him. "I can't trust this doctor. He looks suspicious." Reynold leaned into [name]'s ear and whispered.

"Don't worry Brother. I will be alright." [name] smiled warmly at him and that finally led Reynold away.

The doctor did some testings and finally concluded to him having not eaten for a while. He ordered the maid to atleast give him food in between afternoon to evening and left.

"[name]. Do you feel alright now?" Derrick asked. He walked towards [name] but stopped when he feels Reynold glaring daggers at him.

"Don't worry yourself with me. I'm quite fine now. Thank you." [name] smiled again.

"We should leave now. [name] needs some rest." Derrick went out, followed by Reynold and then the maid.

Now [name] was all alone again. He sinks down and started to drift off to sleep.

"Oh how I want someone to hold me now.'

"Don't worry my little bunny. You will have someone with you soon."

Penelope had met with Vinter. He was a nice man but was too nice. He had saved her in the original story. He was the one who conflicted her demise so she couldn't see him any more of an accomplice of her.

"I'll do anything if you would keep this secret." Vinter spoke out, breaking her chain of thought.

"Don't worry about it." Then she walked away.

Congratulations on finishing this task.

Vinter's favorability: 8%

Penelope smiled to herself. She was glad to take this secret task.

'System, show me [name]'s favorability.'

[name]'s favorability: 30%

Penelope started walking back to the mansion. She distracted herself with her thoughts. Maybe Yvonne, how destiny would change itself.

'[name] is the brother of Penelope though he was not mentioned half of the time in the game. He was a supporting character.' She hummed with content.

Then she opened the door and was met with a maid. "My Lady! Young Master [name] has requested for your presence."

She followed the maid to his room where she found the door just ajar. She almost pulled on the door when she heard her name mentioned.

"Penelope is a daughter to me! Don't you tell me I don't love her!" The Duke was inside screaming at [name].

[name] threw something on the floor. "Why do you keep mentioning your late daughter then!? If you wanted her to return maybe you shouldn't have taken us both in! You can't even tell how much Penelope is struggling to be your perfect daughter!"

The argument took a turn when the Duke slapped him hard. Penelope flinched and the maid beside her dared not raise her head.

"You. You are his maid, am I right?" Penelope whispered. "Yes My Lady."

"Then go inside and take the blame for him." Her voice, cold. The maid shivered from just her presence alone.

"My Lady. Young Master has told me to not go in there. I am afraid I can't obey your order." The maid stuttered.

"A slave shouldn't disobey their masters." Penelope glared at her and the maid opened the door.

"Master please! Young Master is still very weak!" The Duke raised his hand and slapped her too.

"I told you to not interrupt. You will be punished." [name]'s voice was weak and barely above a breath.

"Young Master, a punishment is nothing. Your safety is important right now." Sena smiled at him.

Then one more strike.

Her world faded to nothingness.