Entry #4

No TWs for this chapter!!

*  *  *

the halloween dance itself wasn't the greatest. but what happened was.

i had gone with being a vampire for my costume. i even bleached my hair some more to get it to be more white-ish than yellowy. and zach went as a zombie. more specifically, a zombie basketball player.

the dance was held in the auditorium, and it was hot the whole night. the coat i had on was relatively thin as i made it myself out of some bedsheets, but it still made me sweat. i took it off about half an hour into the dance because it was so uncomfortable. underneath, i had a sleevless vest that i dressed up myself with red laces and gold chains and charms. it was hard to miss the way zach looked at me the rest of the dance.

it got really crowded at one point, which made hearing anything at all almost impossible. i didn't have to deal with it long, though, because that was when zach pulled me outside to talk.

"what's up?" i asked, shivering slightly when the cold air hit my arms. it always got cold super early in rivendell. normally it would start snowing mid-september.

zach looked like he was shaking slightly when he handed me my coat. it didn't help much, but it was thoughtful. "i, uh..." he took a deep breath. "do you... want to be my boyfriend?" he looked tense as he waited for my response.

i was in total shock. i figured he had something going on with joey, so pushed away any romantic feelings i had toward him. but he was asking me to be his boyfriend.

woah.

"i- yeah," i breathed, nodding. "yeah, i'll be your boyfriend." my cheeks were beginning to hurt from smiling.

he relaxed and pulled me in by my waist, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. he didn't say anything before kissing me.

it was the best night of my life.