Chapter 26-30

return
Dressed as an offering to the Great Demon King
Traditional Chinese
set up
turn off the lights
Big
middle
Small

Chapter 26

    Since Cang Huai was born, he has spent countless lonely nights sober.

    For him, sleeping is not a pleasant thing. As soon as he closed his eyes, he saw endless killings and bloodshed, accompanied by a lingering greasy smell.

    Tonight, he thought, was just one more time to open his eyes until dawn.

    But this night was different.

    The person lying next to him fell asleep after muttering a few words, and his breathing quickly became long and even.

    Infected by the calm atmosphere, the stiffness at first passed, and then I fell asleep unknowingly.

    It's a rare good night's sleep.

    In the dream, the water and grass are lush, and the river like a jade belt spreads over the endless field, disappearing at the end of the field of vision.

    It is a picture of a sunny spring day, where the world is peaceful and everything grows.

    When Cang Huai woke up, a momentary emptiness flashed in his eyes.

    He seemed to suddenly understand her obsession with sleep.

    The tent is filled with the same aroma as the breath in the dream, subtle and quiet, a reassuring smell.

    The person next to him moved, followed by a jade arm that was as light as nothing, pressing on him, as if holding a pillow, and took him into his arms with his backhand.

    Cang Huai's whole body froze suddenly.

    The girl's body was soft and boneless, and even if it was pressed against her body, she could not feel the weight.

    But at this distance, he could clearly feel the ups and downs of her chest, her breathing was as light as a feather, and her face was slightly itchy.

    He suddenly remembered what he had seen in the cave.

    The red brocade quilt pressed the straight and symmetrical legs, so white that it was dazzling, and the soft pink smoke hanging down obscured the picture, but it showed a faint haziness.

    Seeing the extravagant delusions of Shen Zhuang, his heart skipped a beat.

    Si Rao never sleeps well, and when she sleeps, she feels empty without holding something in her hands. But she likes soft objects that can be kneaded, such as quilts and pillows.

    In a daze, she seemed to be hugging something warm, but not as soft as the quilt she liked.

    When she realized this, she frowned and woke up from her dream.

    She opened her eyes and saw the person in her arms.

    So the movement was almost untraceable for a moment.

    He seemed to be still asleep, with his eyes closed, his eyelashes as black as crow feathers cast a shadow.

    With his eyes closed, his appearance is very peaceful, not as gloomy as he sees in the daytime, but rather like a child.

    Si Rao breathed a sigh of relief, quietly withdrew the hand that was not in the right position, and quietly got out of bed.

    The person lying on the bed slowly opened his eyes until the breath had faded to the point where he could barely smell it.