Love Is Only The Beginning Of Hate

The sun wasn't in the sky, dark gray clouds were in the sky, and yet it still wasn't raining. It felt like it was a testament to what was about to come. Hajime was walking through the city, and Meia was beside him. And by the looks of it they were heading to the village gates.

"Hajime san..." Meia said with a sad look, Hajime sighed, he then reached out his hand for the amulet on her chest. Meia looked at his hand with confusion, the amulet was pretty alright, but it never really had a meaning to her. It was just an amulet that she carried around.

"Then I promise on this amulet, I'll be meeting you once more." Hajime said and Meia widened her eyes.

And just like that, the whole significance of this amulet to her whole life has changed, in simply a few words. She smiled as she held the amulet dearly. "Yes!" Meia said as she watched Hajime walk away from the city, waving her hand.

There was this feeling that Hajime couldn't get out. The more he stepped away from the city the more this gut wrenching feeling was consuming him. It was worse than that feeling of eating the dead meat.

Maybe it was the feeling of letting go of something that you love. Maybe, he can only wonder. After all, those feelings that he had, the smile that he can usually wear around. He already lost it.

He turned around for a moment to see Meia already entering the city, probably going to live her own life. She decided to continue being an adventurer, much to Hajime's reluctance, he really had no power over her life.

But the feeling of seeing somebody turn their back once more on him... His mind flashed back to his kindergarten school. He was all alone once again, he saw multiple people turning their backs on him, muttering the words of "Useless, hopeless." But what hurt him the most was the fact that he couldn't do anything.

Maybe it was true, he has all this power and yet he does nothing to help people with it. Hajime sighed to himself, It doesn't matter... To him it will never be, that was his past, and Meia was going to live her own life.

He has to let go...

...

Hajime was at a mountain, it felt like he could see everything up here. He even saw the city, he stared at it with an expression that no human could decipher. He then looked down at the ground before shaking his head.

He turned his head and looked above while sitting at the ground. The stars were twinkling, and the moon was shining bright, the dark sky filled with stars and... it just felt lonely. All Hajime could do was just sit there, he had no one to talk to and no one to mess around with.

He looked down at the ground while watching the trees sway at the wind, his long hair was swaying around annoying him, he had to cut this. Hajime pulled out his great sword, it was his trusty companion partnered with Donner. Although he created the sword as an accident, it became one of his most trusted companions.

He had a lot of inventions, but that was for mostly situational moments, with affinity-infused bullets Hajime never really needed other inventions to create enough firepower. But there will be a time where he would use it, like that one nuclear bomb.

Now Hajime just smiled, just like in the labyrinth, there was a beauty in silence in loneliness. But it can never fill the void in his heart reaching out for something, it wished for something that even Hajime himself didn't know.

Maybe it was a companion? He wonders what would have happened if he took Meia with him... After a few moments of silence, Hajime just stood up, grabbed his bag and started to walk down the mountain. There was no point in thinking about this, he told that to himself.