Meia

Meia looked around, searching through the rubble in a desperate motion, as if finding survivors. But deep down she knew, no one could just survive such a horrible tragedy. But still, she believed that there were miracles and that... she felt the hand of Hajime on her shoulder. 

She turned her head around to look at Hajime. Hajime then shook his head as if to say 'Stop', she was making herself look so desperate. She started to look down, and after a second tears were dropping.

She started to sob, while Hajime placed his hand on her head. He started to sigh as Meia then hugged her. He stared kind of weirdly at her before he started to sigh again. Hajime then started to sit down, Meia also sat down. 

Although she was still crying on his chest. He said nothing, but listen to Meia say some random things about her town. Losing something precious is harder than people think. Desperation and Grief, and mostly the most hardest thing about it, is accepting it. 

Hajime then stared at the sky while her cries were starting to get weaker. The sky had dark grey clouds, it looked like it was about to rain. After a few minutes, Hajime was so lost on his mind. But he woke up to reality by Meia suddenly squealing. 

"I-I'm sorry..." She meekly said while standing up and backing away slowly. Hajime also stood up. He then raised his hand and started to swipe it. As if slapping away the sorry that Meia throwed to him. 

"It's ok." Hajime said before he started to walk. 

Maybe Hajime hasn't realized this. But the feeling of not being lonely anymore, it felt nice. Sometimes, some relationship doesn't have to speak for it to say words.

Hajime was the type of guy who would find something precious in just a matter of minutes. And that was enough, he may see himself as the monster and the devil... but in truth nothing changed. He was Hajime, that's all there ever is. 

Just like his bright smile when a new Devil May Cry game came out. Or that time when he rejoiced finding about Berserk's continuation. nothing has changed, he was still some type of teenager inside that cold shell. 

And that was enough. 

Hajime looked over to Meia who was following him slowly, he then started to approach her making her stop in her tracks. "Umm... Hajime san?" Meia asked, and Hajime leaned towards her. 

"Do you really walk this slow?" Hajime asked which made Meia widen her eyes. 

"No it's just..." 

"Does it feel uncomfortable?" Hajime asked, this time with a more mellow facial expression. Meia then looked up to him, before immediately looking away. "You know... I won't eat you..." Hajime made a statement. "All you have been doing is follow me around. Are you sure you're okay? Do you want to say something?" Hajime asked and it somehow made Meia comfortable. 

Like in a cold night, and you cover yourself with your blanket, and then gently drift away to the land of dreams. Meia just nodded, but this time instead of trailing behind him, she walked beside him. Meia then looked up to Hajime, she made her biggest smile yet, closing her eyes, while the sun started to rise. 

Hajime looked at her, but he didn't smile. He just gently placed his hand on her head. 

...

They were still walking through the ruins of the town, they were exploring the whole town and such encountering monsters, but luckily they were low leveled ones. Because of what happened a few minutes ago, Meia started to hum while walking beside Hajime. 

The usual meek girl that's been really shy around Hajime was now just a very normal girl. Suddenly Hajime stopped on his tracks, he raised his hand to the side. Gesturing for Meia to stop, she complied and pulled out her dagger.