Wow. That was just... Wow.

"What ho, slave, Caliban! Come forth, I say" That was Nathan Prescott's queue to get on stage.

He walked on looking like a nervous wreck.

After a few lines he started breaking down on stage.

"Fuck you." He mumbled and then walked off stage.

Prescott deserves that shit.

The play kept going and I watched the whole thing, Rachel, the star of the whole thing.

Everyone started going on stage in pairs, bowing as the audience clapped.

Rachel waved me over and I shook my head.

"Wasn't that fun?" She walked to me and grabbed my arm.
"You're so dead." I said with a big smile.
"Yeah? How dead?"
"Hella dead." I chuckled and bowed with the rest of the cast.

After the audience left we went backstage and changed back into normal clothing.

"So.. you still up to do something?" Rachel asked me.
"As long as it's not being forced to perform another play, then yes."
"Come onn. You had fun."
"Maybe. You'll never know."

We left the school and just walked the empty streets of Arcadia Bay. The only light coming from houses and the streetlights.

"Oh my god, Keaton's face behind you when you walked on stage..." Rachel kept laughing and laughing.
"I was shitting myself!" I laughed along with her.
"He was shitting himself!"
"That dude owes me."

Everything felt amazing. No worries, no sadness. Just happiness. Rachel and I having the time of our lives together. I just wish Chloe was here..

"What if I told you that the entire fate of our production rests upon your shoulders?" Rachel mocked Mr. Keaton.

My god I love Rachel's giggle.

"I've never had an experience like that onstage!" I just watched as Rachel enjoyed herself.
"Right! You were-"
"No, you. Like, seriously! I love nights after a show!"
"Is it always like this?"
"Oh totally! It's such a high. No more nerves, just the adrenaline... So, first-timer, are you proud of yourself? You were literally perfect tonight. I was blown away." She stopped in front of me.
"I'm just relieved I never have to do anything like that ever again. The last twelve hours have been fucking intense." I let out a small chuckle.
"You've gone through so much shit today.." She sighed.
"Right now's pretty good." I smiled.
"It's magical." She smiled back, holding her hand out for me to hold, so I did just that.

We walked a few steps and Rachel turned to me.

"Let's leave. For real." She let go of me and stared dancing around a streetlight.

For real? Huh..

"You said you wanted to skip town and never look back. Like I said last night, lets do it!" She was as playful as ever.

"I know. I've been thinking about that all day! But Chloe.."

"You saw how she reacted! You can't let her stop you. I know you want this."

"Yeah! But like... eventually."

"Let's go, now! Didn't we already agree onstage?"

"We can't just-"

"Because.. Chloe and Joyce. I know our situations are shitty, but we can't just... leave them."

"That doesn't sound like Ethan Pierson.." She looked disappointed.

"I'm the only person Chloe and Joyce have left.... You're right, what am I saying? Chloe's angry at me forever and Joyce got David now." That thought saddened me.