1

☆。*。☆。

chapter one

mr hollywood

☆。*。☆。

DREW MINX adored halloween

especially because of salem, massachusetts.

halloween in salem meant candy corn in every school class, jack-o-lanterns, decorations, fun sweaters, pumpkin themed desserts in every bakery, haunted houses, and best of all?

the sanderson sisters.

as her teacher went over the tale of the sanderson sisters like they did every year, drew sat anxiously waiting to get out of her last class so she could walk home and help her older brother get candy ready for the trick-or-treaters.

as the story came to a close, drew heard the boy in front of her mumble

"gimme a break"

the teacher sighed, "we seem to have a skeptic in our class?"

everyone let out a laugh

"mr max dennison, would you care to share your 'california, laid-back, tie-dyed' point of view"

drew giggled a bit at that.

"ok, granted that you guys here in salem are all into these black cats and witches and stuff..." the class groaned, even drew let out a sigh, "fine but everyone here knows that halloween was invented by the candy companies, its a conspiracy"

"wrong" huffed drew, making the boy turn around, "max is it?" the boy nodded, "well max, it just so happens that halloween is based on the ancient feast called 'all hallows eve'". max cocked his head, interested by her confident tone of voice.

allison watts chimed in, "it's the one night of the year where the spirits of the death can come to earth."

drew nodded, smiling, but max turned to allison and stood up, walking towards her.

"well in case jimmy hendrix shows up tonight, heres my number"

and then the bell rang.

☆。*。☆。

drew rushed out of class and began to walk home. putting her sweatshirt back on as the autumn air hit her skin.

she heard the crunch of leaves behind her, footsteps.

it was max.

"hey!"

"hi?"

"sorry for messing up your story time back there-"

"you really didn't."

"i'm um, max, max dennison."

"nice to meet you max max dennison, im drew drew minx"

"ironic"

"thought you were into allison, why dont you follow her home?"

"no no, you seem more interesting" he grinned, drew couldnt help but smile back

"maybe i am"

she smiled at him and he spoke up again "so you guys in salem really believe in this sanderson sister stuff?"

"well yeah, it's hard not to when all of the proof is right here."

"proof?"

"yeah. proof."

"what kind of proof?"

"the sanderson house."

"yeah, yeah."

"my family owns it, used to be a museum but they shut it down"

"ah, interesting."

they walked in silence for a moment before max began to speak, drew cutting him off.

"before you start blabbing again, i turn here, so unless you go the same way, this is goodbye."

"oh, good thing i turn this way then"

"exciting"

the two continued to talk as they walked, max very interested in what drew had to say about the sandersons.

"now it looks like this is where we part ways" max said

"you cut through the graveyard?"

"yeah,"

"yikes, watch out for jay and ernie, or i guess jay and 'ice'"

"ice?"

"yeah apparently,"

"well thanks for the heads up,"

as she walked away, she turned around and yelled, "bye mr. hollywood!"

"bye ms. salem!"

and with that, drew turned around and made her way home, excited for a night of horror movies and candy alone in her bedroom while her brother gives candy to the trick-or-treaters.

☆。*。☆。

A/N

im in love with max dennison and fully prepared to finish this entire fic in the next day or so

love ya lots!

☆。*。☆。