xl

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter fortyI love you (ain't that theworst thing you everheard?)

chapter forty
I love you (ain't that the
worst thing you ever
heard?)

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

"SO, SAM ROPED you into going to see Tory?" Eli asked.

They were walking from the parking lot to Cobra Kai's flagship dojo, the very same one where Alyssa had won just yesterday. She never thought she would see it again, especially not like this.

Alyssa shrugged, swinging her and Eli's interlocked hands back and forth as they walked. "It's like I told Tory. Sam and I are a package deal." She looked up at him. "But if you told me that tonight I would be patching up Tory Nichols' hand, I would've laughed in your face."

"I'm having a hard time believing it, too," Eli admitted, letting out a small laugh.

"So . . . blue." Alyssa's eyes caught on his hair again, and her eyes sparkled. "I really do love it."

"Thanks. Demetri helped."

Alyssa slowed down a bit, her face falling. "Wait." She frowned. "Before I left with Sam . . . you were going to ask me if I wanted to help dye your hair, weren't you?"

"I was," Eli responded. "But don't worry about it. You were doing something more important than dying my hair."

"But you're important to me," Alyssa insisted. "Extremely important to me. I'm sorry."

"Lys, it's fine, really." He used their interlocked hands to pull her closer. "Remember the first time I dyed my hair, which was also blue, and you helped?"

Alyssa nodded, a fond smile on her face. "Yeah. God, that feels like a lifetime ago." She tucked herself in a little closer to his side. "We've been through way too damn much since then."

"If it's the same alarm system he installed at the last place, I should be able to bypass it," Robby announced, swiftly stopping their conversation as they stopped in front of the dojo.

"Spoken like a man that's done this before," Demetri said.

"Yeah, well, karate wasn't my first hobby. I fractured a law or two before we met."

"Or we could just scan my key card," Tory suggested, moving to stand next to Robby and pulling the card from her pocket. "So that those of us on probation keep from, you know, violating it."

Eli nodded to the group of Miyagi-Fang's that had just walked up. "What's happening, folks?"

"What's up, man?" Chris replied. "Sorry we're late." He sent a pointed glare to Mitch. "Someone took forever to get ready."