vii

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter sevenplans change

chapter seven
plans change . . . and
people change

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

TO CELEBRATE COBRA Kai's victory at the All Valley, or more specifically Miguel's victory, the entire dojo plus Alyssa, Moon, and Demetri had gathered at a local restaurant to have dinner together. Alyssa sat next to Demetri in a booth with Eli and Moon across from her, a plate of nachos sitting on the table.

Aisha had stood up, pointing her phone at herself to take a video for her Instagram story. "So, you might be wondering what a team does after they win the championship. The answer?" Aisha moved out of the frame and zoomed into the plate of nachos on the table. "Victory nachos!"

All of them started to cheer in response to that. Alyssa smiled and raised up her glass of water, clinking it with Moon's across the way.

Aisha pointed her phone back at her face. "It was supposed to be a round of drinks, but the waitress was not feeling Hawk's fake ID."

"Hey, don't talk about that," Eli whispered, his eyes slightly wide in panic. "My parents follow you."

"Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Moskowitz. Anyways, until next time, no mercy, bitches."

Alyssa let out a small laugh as Aisha slid in the booth next to her. "Great cover up, dude."

Aisha nudged her shoulder, laughing along with her. "Shut up, Ally."

"I gotta say, it's nice to be at a victory party," Demetri admitted, picking up a nacho loaded with toppings from the plate.

"Yeah, except you had nothing to do with the victory," Eli protested, reaching across the table and snatching Demetri's nacho, eating it instead.

"Well, then I consider it a belated party for the coding competition we won at computer camp. Remember? Demetri and Eli, Binary Brothers."

Alyssa giggled at the song and how Demetri moved his arm like a robot, Aisha and Moon laughing along too. She had remembered the two boys rushing up to her the day they returned, practically spewing stories in her face before she had told them to slow down. The most prevalent of the stories was how they had indeed won the coding competition, and then they sang this whole elaborate song about being Binary Brothers.

Eli leaned across the table, his facial expression showing that he wasn't playing around. "Hey, cool it with the nerd shit, huh?"