xv

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter fifteenand while you're bleeding on your back in the glass, I'll be glad that I made it out, and sorry that it all went down like it did

chapter fifteen
and while you're bleeding on
your back in the glass, I'll be
glad that I made it out, and
sorry that it all went down
like it did

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

ALYSSA WALKED INTO West Valley High School for the first day of junior year alone.

She could've gone with Demetri, but after what he did at the party, she honestly just didn't want to deal with him right now. She could've gone with Sam, but that was a whole other situation. Apparently, Sam had gotten extremely drunk at the party while trying to beat Tory in a drinking game, and she had insisted to Robby that her parents would kill her, so he had taken her back to Sensei Lawrence's place. That only caused more problems and now Sam was grounded for the foreseeable future, which also meant she wasn't allowed to drive herself to school or be driven by anyone else. Alyssa also could've met up with anyone else from her dojo, but she kind of felt a sense of serenity in being alone, at least for a little while. She would see everyone later, anyways.

The hallways were crowded, friends meeting up with each other in greeting after the summer break. Alyssa smiled at some people as she passed by, recognizing them from some of her old classes. She then found the same locker that she had since freshman year and turned the dial in the familiar combination, opening it up and putting a couple of extra binders inside. They probably wouldn't be doing much today, anyways.

"Als!" a familiar voice then called from down the hall, and even over all the chatter, she somehow managed to hear it. Alyssa turned, only to see Miguel rushing up to her. "Ally!"

"Well, good morning to you, too, Miguel," Alyssa replied, offering Miguel a smile when he stopped next to her locker. "Why are you yelling? It's too early for that."

Miguel sighed a little, leaning against the metal of the lockers next to her. "Als, please. I need your advice."

"About what? How to calm down at eight A.M. on a Monday morning?"

When Miguel didn't laugh at her joke, Alyssa looked at him. Like really looked at him. And when she did, her smile turned into a frown. He seemed panicked, and there was a sort of atmosphere of melancholy around him. Alyssa turned fully to Miguel and crossed her arms, staring up at him in concern.

"Miguel?" Alyssa asked gently. "What's going on?"

"It's bad," Miguel answered. "And it has to do with Sam. Well, and Tory, too. But since it has to do with Sam, and you're both really close, I thought I would come to you."