xi

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter elevenand you're tossing out blame, drunk on this pain, crossing out the good years

chapter eleven
and you're tossing out blame,
drunk on this pain, crossing
out the good years

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

ALYSSA, DEMETRI, SAM, and Robby had all gone back to the LaRusso house after the incident at the mall. Sam and Robby had found solace inside at the dining room table, talking excitedly about the fight, but Alyssa and Demetri . . . the two of them were the only ones who felt the deep sting of betrayal and sadness. They could only really find comfort in each other right now. So that's why the two of them were alone, sitting at the table on the patio in complete silence.

She had her knees tucked up to her chest while her head rested against the top of Demetri's arm. The tears hadn't started until they had gotten back to the LaRusso house, and although they were slow, they hadn't stopped. She couldn't really help them. The look in Eli's eyes, the way he was so ready to hurt them . . . it shocked her all the way down to her core. Alyssa sniffled and reached up, wiping her cheek with the back of her hand.

"I heard you two ran the one-hundred-yard dash in under ten seconds," Sensei LaRusso's voice announced, breaking their silence, and Alyssa looked to the side to see him sitting down in the chair next to Demetri. "Some people learn faster than others. Don't be discouraged."

"Come on," Demetri protested. "Let's face the facts. I — I can't sand the floor. I can't wax on, I can barely wax off." He glanced through the window into the kitchen at Sam and Robby. "Meanwhile, we've got Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen in there." He then looked down at Alyssa. "And Arya Stark over here, and I'm just . . . Sam Tarly."

"Sam Tarly did kill a White Walker."

"You watch Game of Thrones?"

"Oh, I am so down with GoT," Sensei LaRusso answered. "And if it's taught us anything, it's that anyone could be the hero. Right?"

Maybe he was right. But Alyssa didn't necessarily want to be the hero if it meant protecting people from the one person she thought she could trust the most.

"Alyssa?" Sensei LaRusso questioned, making her pick her head up from Demetri's arm and look at him. "You okay?"

She gave him a tight, watery smile. "I don't know right now." Alyssa cleared her throat and stood up from the chair. "Sorry, I think I'm just gonna head home. Dem, do you want a ride?"