Chapter 19: Rejoice of Agony

At the Emperor's Castle, Wild Witches were being brought in for judgment. They were fully aware of what awaits them, and hold no regrets, believing that death was better than bondage. Lilith is watching the procession from atop the castle walls, sighing as she grew tired of watching this occur...over and over and over again. Too many times have people thought to rebel against what she believed was the only way to bring order to her home, and too many times as she saw them perish for it, and yet many of them accepted it without reservation. Heading back inside, she stops by a stained glass window of Emperor Belos, robed witches bowing at his feet while a Hand of the Titan reaches for the sun behind them.

"I haven't forgotten what you've promised me. I will bring you my sister, Emperor Belos." she says to the window, as if she were actually talking to the Emperor himself.

"Then why the delay." said a voice from behind the Coven, who turns around to see the thorn in her side, Kikimora. "The Day of Unity is fast approaching, and other teams have bound many rogue witches to covens, and yet the Owl Lady still roams free. Are you... protecting her?"

Then came a third voice. "Patience, Kikimora. Patience." Both witches turned to see Desu walking out of the shadows. "We have all the time we could ever have to ensure all is as it should be."

"Master Desu?" Kikimora asked. "I commend you for your success. Not only have you collected your fair share of Wild Witches, but have managed to integrate them into our Coven. Well done."

"Took a little convincing, but now they see the error of their ways and are more willing to join."

In some ways, did Lilith envy the mysterious new benefactor of the Emperor's Coven. He's managed to bring in all these new recruits when she can't even bring in her own sister. Though, ever since he's shown up, Desu has treated her with nothing but respect for her and all other members for the coven. Yet, she simply does not trust him. His suspicious looks and behavior made it impossible for her to find him trustworthy, so she tries to keep a close eye on him.

"Still, you seem to have no patience with the Coven's Head." He pointed to Kikimora, who felt smaller than she already was around him.

"Lilith has failed to capture her sister-the Owl Lady, on numerous occasions. Not to mention she suffered a greater failure at the hands of the young Belmont. The Emperor is not one to easily tolerate delays."

"Failing to capture a woman who has been wanted for decades is hardly a delay, Kikimora." Desu said back. "And you'd be wise not to underestimate the Belmont."

"Desu. You don't really think that a single child is capable of avoiding capture of a few of the Boiling Isle's finest, do you?" Kikimora asked

The mysterious sorcerer replied "That child comes from a long line of warriors, hunters and champions that have the blessings of heavenly beings. She has been the bane to many other threats to the Isles, since she has appeared. If I were you, Kikimora, I'd be afraid to ever face such a being."

Kikimora tried hard not to show it, honestly she was pretty scared. If not of the Belmont, then of Desu. The mysterious ones are always the most unpredictable, and therefore more dangerous.

"However, I hold onto faith that Lilith will succeed in the prosecution of both the Owl Lady and the Belmont. I foresaw it, today will be the day of something wondrous, and we shall all bare witness."

"Really? How could you foresee such things? Do you have omniscience?"

"Yes." Desu simply answered, much to Kikimora's surprise.

"Oh...well...if you say so."

Lilith finally spoke again, asking "Are you certain about this...premonitions of yours?"