Chapter 5: Curse

In the Owl House, Luz was looking into the travel book, seeing different kinds of monsters and artifacts recorded inside. along with the many different kind of tragic tales from many different knights and crusaders alike.

"I'm telling you, King. This whole book is full of amazing deeds of many great warriors." Luz said as she read through the book. "Sure, none of them have really lived long enough to see glory, but it's still amazing and..."

Then she sees the little demon fighting with a ducky sock on his noes.

"And you're fighting with a sock." She said, finding this amusing.

King then tears the sock to pieces and stomps on it remains, yelling "Where are you now, ducky sock?!"

"King." Luz said, getting the demon's attention. "Would you please pay attention to what I'm telling you? This stuff is important."

"So is what I brought you here for! You've been obsessed with your family history, that you've yet to know anything about my kind. Prepare for..." Then King rips of a curtain to reveal a chalkboard with pictures of various demons and creature of boiling owls. He then puts on a professors cap and spins the cord on top of it. "Demons 101. Demons like me are grim tricksters of the twilight, creatures of sulfur and bone."

"And cute little paws." Luz teased.

"And cut little paws..." King repeated, reluctantly. "We live only to create chaos and misery. Our only weaknesses are purified water and passive‐aggressive comments. Sometimes."

"Well, if there's one thing my family's good at, it's splashing and burning monster with just flasks of Holy Water...sometimes, even summoning rain."

"Enough about you family for one day, and pay attention!" King snapped, much to Luz's dismay. "This information might save your life."

"Right." Luz said. "But who needs to know a demon inside out and when I can already do magic that my ancestors have done for years? Like...Hydro Storm!"

The moment she said that, thunder rumbled and lightning had crashed outside. Surprised by this, but Luz and King looked outside the door to see that a storm was in fact brewing.

"Looks like it's gonna rain." King said.

"Yep...Say, since around the realm are never as they appear, is there I should know about the weather here?"

"Well technically, we don't have weather. We have plagues." King explained. "This one in particular is-"

"Boiling Rain!" Eda yelled out, running towards her house. What she was saying was in fact true; the rain was so hot that all plant life near the house was withering up at the touch of the steaming droplets. "Everybody inside now!" She said as she grabbed Luz and King and practically threw them all inside.

"Whew, that was close. Good thing you didn't get hurt."

Luz found herself in an odd, yet painful position as she was thrown against King's chalkboard.

"Sure" She groaned as things fell on her head. "Speak for yourself."

Everyone in town was running to seek shelter from the Boiling Rain, making sure to keep take their precious belongings with them. Just look at Willow.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!" She said as she gathers up her plants while getting hit by rain drops and is forced to pull the drapes down with her teeth. Even that Tiny Nose girl could barely seek shelter anywhere before she crawled into a crack in the side of a building, kicking out a rat in the process.

Back to the main characters, Luz and King watched as Eda was working on a forcefield.

"So...King was kidding when he said you guys have plagues." Luz commented."