Home Sweet Home

It felt strange, being back home for Luz as she stepped out of the decrepit shack where the portal had first originated. A cool breeze of wind blew over her as she stepped into the forest and made her way back to her neighborhood. There. her house stood where it always did and it made her feel nervous. That, and a lot of other mixed emotions went through her mind, as she wasn't entirely sure how she would confront her mother about all this. But after everything she's been through over the last few weeks, she may as well be ready for everything.

"Well...here goes nothing." She said as she knocked on her own door. A few seconds of waiting later, Camila came and answered the door, surprised to see her own daughter standing there.

"Luz?" She asked. "What are you going here?"

"Hey, Mom." Luz started off. "...We need to talk."

"But I thought you already left to be with your friends."

Saying that immediately made Luz perk her head up as one thing came to mind.

"...What?"

Camila explained "You had already gone out to meet some friends of yours."

Luz stepped forward and asked "Where exactly did I go?"

At the part, 'Luz' was hanging out with some High School Kids she had managed to make friends with. She was wearing an air force-blue hoodie with darker cuffs, a mustard-yellow shirt underneath with a white collar and a pair of black buttons at the neck, Prussian blue leggings, and white sneakers with silver-gray laces and soles and has a single yellow hair barrette on each temple. This Luz was entirely different from the original, not just in appearance. She talked, acted and even felt more normal around other people, and once they started to notice that not one strange thing happened around her, kids began to acknowledge her and see that she wasn't so bad to be around. That's when she started to make friends with a few high schoolers. While she was with them, she got a text message from her mother, telling her to head back now. But after she said her goodbyes, standing by the Park entrance was Luz number 1, who was not looking too happy to see her twin. Things looked to get worse when Luz pulled out the whip.

"You've stolen me...and I'm here to take myself back."

And at that moment, the second Luz rushed back inside the park. Luz 1 ran after her and watched her hide behind a tree. She did the same, as she then looked over her shoulder to her left side, Luz 2 doing the same on her right. Then, they met the second time they turn and Luz swung her whip in an attempt to strike her, but the second Luz dodged swiftly before running off and having the first Luz chase after her. She was going for another exit when Luz swung the whip in an attempt to wring her up. But Luz 2 front flipped in order to dodge, and then she pulled something out of her hoodie. Next thing Luz wasn't prepared for was for her doppelganger to bring out a whip of her own, giving her no time to dodge and forcing her to block. Being pushed back a few feet, Luz lifted her head to see the whip Luz 2 had. Brown leather, silver handle...

"The Hunter's Whip." Was the first thing that came to mind when Luz saw the weapon. "...Where did you get that?"

"...I'm not going back." Was all that her doppelganger said as she advanced against the original. The cracks of leather echoed throughout the park as two enchanted whips clashed. Luz admitted her double was just as skilled as she was, but her moves did not mirror hers as any ordinary mirroring creature would. But then, she brought out magic skills, turning the whip into various elemental weapons, from swords, to hammers, to tonfas, to claws. It was only when she attacked with a continuous whip move did Luz finally understand who she was really dealing with as the Hunter's Whip wrapped around her arms. Her double was looking furious.