02- Takamagahara

高天原

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

" Is this where you live? " Ayami asked Kiun. They were standing outside the castle like structure in takamagahara - the residence of the Un clan and  the thunder god.

" It's different than I imagined. "

" Of course it is. After all this is not earth." Kiun responded. " What did you imagine it as?"

" I thought a shrine or something similar I guess? Why are we out here, waiting ?" She asks. The sky seems so close to them, as if she could touch the clouds if she reaches out to them on her toes. Ayami looked up and squinted, as the sunlight was seeping through the tree right into her eyes. The single cherry tree didn't do a good job as a shade, but then again the sun wasn't uncomfortable to begin with, even after seeming so close.

" Master is going to talk with some of the shinkis that are most loyal to him. You should know-" he hesitated then continued- not all of the members of the clan might want to accept you."

" Why? " Ayami asked- not sure how to respond. She was a bit nervous after hearing she would meet a lot of shinkis who served the master for a long time, but she started feeling more anxious.

" ... is there something wrong with me?"

"What?.. no..." Kiun's voice added a bit more to her suspicion " Because... it's all very sudden. It has been a few centuries since master Takemikazuchi has named and taken another shinki. The elders might not approve of you being his shinki this soon. And even though Takemikazuchi is the master, this house is still very much influenced by the words of the elders. "

So it's kind of complicated huh?- Ayami thought. Isn't he a god? It was weird that the elders... who were just servants had so much influence over them. She looked at kiun from the corner of her eyes. He was staring at the mansion, his facial expression visible showing worry.

She had barely known these two people. All she knew was that Takemikazuchi sama was a god, a god of war to be precise. And Kiun was like her, a shinki who serves Takemikazuchi.

But she knew she was kind of grateful to be one.

The unbearable feeling of emptiness had disappeared from her chest.

Is this existence?

She didn't know how to describe what she felt before meeting them.

If she were to be not taken as one- will she return to the same? The thought scared her.

" Um... Kiun san- what happens if they don't accept me? "

Kiun looked at her eyes. Perhaps he was too blunt with her?

" It's okay, you won't be kicked away immediately if they don't accept you. It's master's wish after all. But you'd still have to prove your worth."

" Prove my worth huh... " she muttered to herself.

How am I supposed to do that?- she thought.

 I barely know much about myself to begin with.

******

" What?! For real?!" Kaun, Saiun and Miun said in unison.

" This feels so sudden... to name another shinki... what was the need? " Saiun asked, worried that something bad might have happened.

" Well... I have my reasons, I'm sorry I can't explain in details now. I have to make sure of something. But hey, I've done it. So please get along with her from now on. I have to go meet Tenjin first . Miun! "