03- Intruder

侵入者

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

Ayami looked at herself in the mirror, dressed neatly in a sky blue kosode and a shiny green jewel on her hair. Miun said it belonged to her, but as she didn't wore it much she wanted Ayami to have it.

"It suits well with your green eyes." Miun had remarked.

It is a better look; she decides. She had been wearing only a very loose white kimono for all this time. She was starting to get a little conscious; especially around people who she didn't know much about. But from what was explained to her, she realized these people share deeper bonds with her. 

She turned her back to the mirror to get a view of her nape, a character was imprinted on her skin. It was hard to read by herself because of the position.

" Riki"...  she muttered the word while touching it.

Her name as a regalia. Takemikazuchi, the god of thunder gave her this name.

" So he's my master? I don't know anything about him though." She sighed. The man... or deity, or whatever, had a strong presence to him. Though up until now he had barely spoke with her. On their way to Takamagahara, Kiun was the one who explained her bits of stuffs. Although after a little chatting with Miun. Ayami had realized she has yet a lot to catch up.

 How does a relationship with master goes in this place again? What's her obligation? She has been asking a lot of questions in her mind but hadn't gotten answers to them.

It had been a while since Miun left after helping her get dressed up, Ayami didn't have much to do. The room was pretty and the bed she was given was comfortable, but she felt that she didn't need rest.

Should I take a look around?- Ayami thought.

But they were trying to keep me hidden weren't they? Shouldn't I just stay in the room until someone comes to get me?

She paced around in the room. Uuurg! It's so boring! I am in a huge house and all I've seen is this room...

"I just have to not get caught by someone I haven't met yet." she decides. " I'm not a child... this feels so silly- hide they can't find you stuff-

The girl slowly opens the door and sneaks out. She hadn't even moved a few feets- something suddenly brushed off against her, and she felt a chill.

Huh, what is that? It startled her for a bit, a purple blob was jumping up and down around her .

" What in the world is this?" she gaped at the thing. As it was moving around it took a orb like shape, but when hit the floor it was bending like liquid. It was something alive....a truly bizarre sight.

" Pretty...

" What ?" she felt that a voice came out from the blob.

" Come... come..." the thing bounced in front of her and started moving along the hallway.

" Are you... do you want me to follow? " Ayami asked.

" Come... pretty... come here..."

She didn't know what to make of it, but she followed. She would look around and listen if she could hear someone coming or not at times. The blob seemed to wait when she stopped .

It lead her at the end of the hall and took a sharp turn. Ayami noticed a dark shadow.

Is... is that a stain on wall? No... it looks like smoke.

" Come.. " the blob bounced near her and almost hissed in her ear.

" Hey-" Ayami got spooked out and took a step back. The smoke started growing.Ayami suddenly realized that something wasn't right.

" Pretty... your eyes are pretty."  Another blob appeared out of the  smoke, then another, then another. Within a moment about fifty of them appeared; they were all chanting the same words.

What's with these things! She was getting scared and took another step back, she wanted to run away but, she discovered herself not taking her eyes off it. The blobs were now coming together towering over her.

" Eyes. Lovely Eyes. Give me your eyes!" A pair of eyes appeared on the form and it menacingly tried to grab her.

" Issen!

A white line flashed before her and the creature flinched back, making an otherworldly screech.

" How the hell did an Ayakashi get in here?!"

Ayami looked back- it was Takemikazuchi himself. He had his index and middle fingers extended into a lance, and he chanted something out again.

" Lance !"

And the creature gurgled out a muffled screech again and crippled away. Ayami gaped at the sight- baffled.

" Takemikazuchi... sama..."

" You okay Ayami ? What are you doing out here?! " he exclaimed in surprise, but the last part was delivered in a slightly irritated tone. " I thought Miun told you to stay in your quarter."

" What happened master?!" Kiun and Miun rushed to the spot. " Miun gasped, " Ayami? I said stay in the room-"

" I just wanted to have a look! I was planning to find Miun." Ayami blurted out in her defense.

" More importantly what was that?!" she demanded to know. " It was a small creature first- then it turned huge-"

" An Ayakashi... Takemikazuchi spoke. " They are creature of the far shore, the underworld. "

" An Ayakashi here?! " Kiun was dubious. " But how? Are you okay Takemikazuchi-

" It's none of you guys- not her either. I haven't been blighted. It some how made it's way inside on their own."

" An Ayakashi inside our manor?!" A hoarse voice remarked from behind and Ayami noticed, all of them froze. It was a older man with similar attire as kiun and a very stern facial expression. Ayami also noticed that Kaun and Saun also made their way behind him, visible regret in their eyes.

" Sekiun dono." Kiun first addressed.

" I heard the commotion, is it true that a Ayakashi has entered this place master? " He eyed Takemikazuchi.

" Yes, and I have taken care of it. " He replied, confidently showing he was not going to be overwhelmed by his Shinki's interrogation. " But we must search around to be sure there is no other ."

" I see...Kiun, go tell every shinkis that Ayakashi has invaded and search every corner thoroughly.  But master.... " Sekiun directly stared at Ayami's eyes.

" May I ask, who is that woman with you? "

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

Thank you for reading the chapter! I know Noragami fandom has been quiet for a long time, but I appreciate every readers who take their time to read my crappy attempt to write this .

Next up I plan to reveal much more about Ayami's weapon form and what has been going on with our canon main casts in this universe. See you then~