Chapter 20

"Oh goodmorning" Meria said when she saw him wake up and he just nodded politely, I immediately knew he didn't understand.

"Um, this is the queen, she is here to help you" Meria tried.

"I am sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying" Mahad said, my eyes widened.

"Wow your ear is spot on Meria, that is ancient Egyptian and very formal at that, he must have the memories of someone from court back then or something, no one speaks this language anymore, well present company excluded" I said.

"Why would he speak that language?" Meria asked.

"Hard to say, he isn't a vampire, so he hasn't lived since then, but there is something about him, I can't put my finger on" I said.

"Well, then let us ask him" Meria said.

"Yeah, good point, alright" I said and turned to Mahad.

"What is your name?" I asked the man in ancient Egyptian, his eyes widened.

"Oh finally, someone who can understand me, thank you so much, my name is Mahad" he said.

"Hello Mahad, my name is Akira, where are you from?" I asked him.

"I came from the afterlife" he said, my jaw dropped at his answer.

"I am sorry, run that by me again, please" I said.

"I came from the afterlife" he said.

"What is he saying?" Meria asked.

"He said that his name is Mahad" I said.

"Yes, I had deduced that, I did that thing from Tarzan, where I pointed to myself and said my name and he did that to and said Mahad" Meria said.

"What else?" she asked.

"And he told me, he came from the afterlife" I said.

"Come again?" she asked "Yeah, I don't get it either, but that is what he said" I replied.

"Mahad please explain, how did you come from the afterlife?" I asked him.

"Well, a few months ago the gate to the afterlife was opened, I was there along with others, we were supposed to receive our pharaoh, but he didn't come, instead I looked out and saw that the woman I loved when I lived, not that I ever told her I loved her, and she was alive here and now. After some time of being sad that I wouldn't see her, since she would most likely enter another afterlife, given not to many understand or worship our gods anymore, I went to Ra and asked him if it was possible to go back to the world of the living. I know that the pharaoh and his brother and two criminals had been granted their own bodies, so I asked what it would take to go back and Ra told me he had already noticed my unhappiness, and said he would grant me a chance to go back and find her so, I got my own body and here I am" Mahad finished, his story I relayed the story back to Meria.

"Oh, that is so sweet" she said.

"Mahad, what did the gods tell you of our world?" I asked him.

"That it is 5000 into the future, but not much else has changed, expect for technology whatever that is" he said, and I couldn't hold back my laugh.

"What?" he asked.

"I am sorry, it was just funny what you said, I am so sorry" I said.