Chapter 5 - A Light in The Dark

—————————

Somewhere in Episode 12

DA, Kusunoki's Viewpoint

—————————

Earlier, the old man in a purple suit had come to DA and take control over the situation in Enkuboku. He was prepared to send LilyBell to kill Gray and the Lycoris.

I'm still counting on them, however.

—————————

Tower, Chisato's Viewpoint

—————————

Us 3 faced him.

Takina: Chisato, the magazine-

Chisato: Shh. Quiet. He has sharp hearing.

Majima: Out of bullets?

Gray: So are you.

...

I reloaded and charged towards him to fire, but he flees to the dark as I land a hit on his hand, disarming him. He comes out from the shadows and kicks me twice, stunning me.

—————————

-Gray's Viewpoint-

—————————

I hold Majima by the head restraining him a bit, giving the girls an opening to attack. Teamwork makes the dream work.

It goes south as he kicks them both at the same time with his two legs.

Chisato's down, and so was Takina. As he escapes my grasp, Majima attempted a kick, but I saw it coming. As I catch it, I attack the center of his leg with my elbow, along with his stomach. This move is followed by kicking him to the wall, grabbing him by the collar, a flurry of punches, and a back throw.

He's ticked off as I interrupt his moves by being faster and attacking first.

Gray: Never fought someone your own size before?

A triple kick knocks him to the rail, by that time the two Lycoris have recovered.

Majima fails to escape as he is shot by Chisato and glued to the rails by Takina's wires.

He's done.

...

I sat on the floor in front of the trapped man to think.

The girls behind me lay next to each other tired.

I guess this marks the end of everything. Majima's been dealt with, and once we find Shinji, I'll be back scribbling sticks on walls with chalk, counting the days that go by. The girls and Mika deserve a proper goodbye, but I've yet to think of one. Should I be formal? Should I just thank them? Am I even allowed to say farewell?

Also... why do I have that huge feeling like I don't want to leave?

Takina: Hey. Tracksuit boy.

Gray: Hm? I'm not even wearing it now...

Takina: You alright?

Gray: I mean my ego's a little bruised. I'd love an opportunity to save you, you know?

Takina: Aren't you going somewhere else after this?

Gray: Yeah. I am.

Takina: Well, in case I can't say it, might as well do in advance. Thanks for helping us.

Gray: Ah. No problem. Although, it's more like I should be the one saying thanks, you opened my eyes. Brought me back to the light.

Takina: Anytime.