T W E N T Y

Calix Radcliff's POV

"Are you hungry?" I ask Scarlett as we exit the event hall. There were no paparazzi aimed at us anymore so it was easy getting out of the event but due to the number of people currently leaving we had to walk a bit to get to the car. "We can stop and get food before we get food."

Scarlett looked radiant, she had just won lawyer of her decade, she was competing with people from twenty to thirty and she had won. I knew she would, I just wish she saw herself how everyone around her did. But what had made her even brighter was that she had won a surprise category as well, she had won best lawyer under the age of fifty, she had won against people more than double her age and I was so proud of her.

"I'm not too hungry but can we go home and just hang out for a little bit."

"Of course." I would do anything to spend more time with her. I don't think she realised how enamoured I was with her. I grabbed her hand and we chatted quietly about our night when we heard someone calling out to her.

"If it isn't Scarlett Lawson." We both turn around and I see the female version of the male Scarlett had passed her card earlier.

"Vanya." Scarlett smiles and the woman pulls her into a hug.

"What the heck, you just fell off the face of the earth hermanita," Vanya says, pulling Scarlett into the tightest hug which Scarlett returns with the same amount of strength. "One day you text, complaining you have to spend the day with your idiotic siblings and the next you just disappear. Your parents didn't even tell us much and then we moved and we never saw you again."

"I'm sorry, it's such a long story," Scarlett whispers, pain in her voice, it was obvious she was close to these people. She turns and looks at the man next and smiles at him. "I missed you, Lan, I would have greeted you inside if I didn't think it would get you into trouble."

"That's okay, Lettie." He also pulls her into a hug and I can't lie and say I wasn't a little jealous. "Congratulations, it looks like you have gone pretty far in your life."

He gestures towards the awards I had been holding for her after she was terrified of dropping them on the way to the car. I hadn't told her this but I was just as terrified I would drop them and then she would hate me for it. Not that I told her that.

"Thank you." Scarlett smiles at him, and Vanya frowns.

"Wait what happened?"

"She won a couple of those fancy awards, apparently miss brainiacs, a lawyer now, and from what I heard in there a damn good one."

Vanya brightened on hearing this news and once again launched herself at Scarlett. "Oh Lettie, that's amazing congratulations."

"Thanks, V, Thank you, Lan." Scarlett turns back and I think she realises I was still waiting for her. "Vanya, Gallan. This is my date for the evening, Calix Radcliff, Calix this is Vanya and Gallan Sevilla, we grew up together."