Index ll episode 22

Start from the beginning

'Redemption is always-' Last Order is still unconscious on the table behind Accelerator, no cords or anything connected to her. The Esper is glaring now, anger in his eyes as well as a grudge - both new and old - waiting to be settled. '-going to be out of my reach. And if I'm going to be stuck-' The boy is crouched slightly, fingers curled a bit on both hands, ready to jump the feet between him and Kihara, who still looks extremely relaxed. '-in darkness, then I might as well take this-' Accelerator does not look beat up anymore and his clothes are a bit dryer.

"Hey, redemption is not beyond you, it's just that you are refusing to accept it with open arms because you think you are undeserving of it, as well as the love and support of others, but we'll get you there, no matter how fucking long it takes." Touma protests the albino's thought immediately, because he's already making progress, proving himself to be a far more complicated and pure soul than expected.

"You had better not be planning to die, you little fuck! Not after everything we had done to try and make you safe and happy, damn you." Yomikawa argues immediately because those sound an awful lot like thoughts meaning he does not think he can win without either dying or getting seriously injured. She refuses to lose him so damn soon.

"Goddamnit, there's really no one else to help you or any shit? Fuck, I really hate that there are not people you can trust to have your fucking back." Mikoto growls, wishing she had been able to help him as she had been doing for Touma, but she had not even known he was part of this, much less where he would've been.

"I really hate that you immediately know that the chances of you winning are low, but it's just part of being from the dark. You challenge those slightly stronger and defeat them and any challengers, but if they are stronger, you have to be wary, and if you must fight, go into battle assuming you will die." Seeing the looks she's getting, Yoshikawa hurries to add, "Most of those in the dark have a will made up already, which means they at least have someone who cares for them or that they trust enough to have the stuff."

"I think that's worse, not better. Accelerator, you had better survive and make it out of this." Heaven says, making sure he meets eyes with the teen, refusing to look away until he gets a nod, a silent admission that he survives, though that's not exactly reassuring, considering his opponent.

"I have a bad feeling about this." Index mutters, then takes a moment to recall the moment she walked into the room and adds darkly, "All the bad feelings."

Last Order is tense, watching intently, because she knows exactly how far this idiot would go if it meant she was safe and protected, knows him inside and out, though he can still catch her off guard, but she refuses to look away from his suffering, because she knows he will need support for whatever trauma comes from it. 

He's braced and ready to attack, feet wide and powers already active. '-guy to hell with me.' He launches himself forward with the distinct sound his power makes, hand up by his face and looking angry, the sharper teeth in his mouth in view. He swipes, Kihara dodging backwards easily with a smug, taunting grin, which easily translates into the laugh he starts. Accelerator gets barely a chance to look surprised before Kihara punches him in the face, the boy blown back, managing to spin in order to lose most of the momentum and land on his feet, but he's bleeding from his nose now.

"Shit, he can still hit you hard and it honestly looks like it is hitting, but with the counter he really isn't? Fuck, I call bullshit! And there's no way you'll go to hell, you're going to a much better place, you hear me?" Touma levels the albino himself with a look, daring him to even try to protest, but honestly, being able to rest in peace in any way once he dies sounds nice, so Accelerator merely gives him a nod and a small smile.

"What the fuck is with this shit? You're desperate, and there's no time to think of a plan, so surely one of these must eventually hit him, because I doubt he can continue to dodge you forever, but you don't have that much time either!" Yomikawa groans, running her fingers through her hair, trying really hard to think of anything else the teen can do, but he's cornered, on a time limit, and he has an opponent that can actually hurt him.