SEVEN―Shadowed Threads.

Start from the beginning

The sorceress padded down the stairs and headed for the office, pushing it open with her foot and perching herself on the desk, cocking her head to the side to get a better view of the hybrid painting.

"Come right on in, why don't you." Niklaus uttered sarcastically, paintbrush brushing against his canvas, his back facing her.

"Don't mind if I do." She waited a small while, watching him paint. She'd always enjoyed watching artists work in their element. There was just something so very captivating and inspiring from it. You could always tell a man by their artwork. Klaus was a man full of dark tormentors― unsurprising given Mikael, The Destroyer, and his lack of compassion and care for others than himself and unique ways for his own family. "So, hybrids. You're one."

Klaus stops for a moment, assessing his work then switches his paintbrush before continuing. "The Original, love."

"Tell me about it."

..••°°°°••..

"Good evening! I'd like a word." Klaus calls out to Marcel, glaring up at the man while the whole room of vampires fell into an uneasy silence at the sight of the Original brothers.

Marcel gritted his teeth, eyes raking over the body of Felicia who had her neck snapped by the hybrid. "What do you think you're doing?"

Elijah peered around the room at the vampires in distaste. "It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs!"

Klaus huffs, annoyed by his brother, and swiftly cut him off. "Where is she?"

Elijah held a hand up in front of Klaus, stopping him from speaking. "We've come here for the girls. Give them to us, or we kill everyone here... starting with you."

"You two got a lot of nerve, coming into my home and making demands." Marcel seethes.

Klaus smiles fakely and barely resisted a laugh. "Your home, is it?"

"The girls! I will not ask again." Elijah demanded, holding his arms out in irritation.

Marcel looks at Klaus, "I assume you're talking about Emery? I don't know anyone else. Thought you two weren't friends."

"It's a growing camaraderie." Niklaus responds. "And you know how Rebekah gets when I misplace her friends, suffice to say, I'm quite motivated to find her."

"Well, I ain't got her. And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave. And, imagine my surprise when I realized that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl, Emery, answered the door, I said hello, she exchanged an insult then slammed the door in my face, that was it. You don't believe me? Look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her." Marcel cocked his head to the side, "But the question that I'd ask is: if Emery isn't here, then where is she?"

Klaus grits his teeth. "She just can't stay out of bloody trouble, can she?" He muttered to his brother before they shared a long look.

..••°°°°••..

Emery's been kidnapped. Again.

She blames Niklaus. She doesn't know the exact reason, but she's sure his semi-alive sperm incubating in her abdomen has got something to do with it.

That or her gig is up. Some rogue sorcerers somehow found her and are now hell-bent on acquiring her powers. While the former is more likely, the latter has happened one too many times for her to rule it out but if the sorceress was being honest (a rarity) there was something thrilling about the whole thing too―at certain times.