The Poison Sky

The Doctor was on the ground, sonicking the Atmos system under the car to try and turn it off. Donna and Lorekai fought with the door of the car to try and get it open so they can get Wilf out.

Suddenly, Donna mom came rushing out of the house with an axe and she used it to smash in the front window. Everyone stared at her in shock. "Well, don't just stand there. Get him out!" She yelled.

They helped Wilf out of the car and walked him back to the house.

"I can't believe you've got an axe." Donna said.

Her mom just shrugged. "Burglars."

"Get inside the house." The Doctor told them. "Just try to close off the doors and windows."

"Big brother Ross!" Lorelai cheered when the soldier pulled up with an older car.

"This is all I could find that hasn't got Atmos." He said and the Doctor and Lorelai hurried over and climbed into the back seat.

Doctor helps the door open and looked out to the red-head. "Donna, you coming?"

Donna nodded. "Yah!"

Her mom stopped her before she could leave. "Donna, don't go! Look what happens every time that Doctor appears. Stay with us, please."

"You go, my darling." Wilf cut in, gesturing for Donna to hurry off. "Don't listen to her. You go with the Doctor and his daughter. That's my girl!"

Donna ran towards the car and quickly climbed in.

~~~

Ross drove them all the way back to the factory and stopped so they could get out.

The Doctor turned and pointed at him. "Ross, look after yourself. Get inside the building."

Ross nodded. "Will do."

Lorelai moved over to his window. "Promise you'll stay safe?"

He chuckled and reached out to pat her head. "I promise."

She gave him a firm nod and turned to hurry after her dad and Donna who were starting to walked back.

Donna stopped to cough. "This air is disgusting."

"It's not so bad for me." The Doctor said as he concerned for her. "Go on. Get back to the TARDIS. Oh! I never gave you a key." He reached into his suit jacket and pulled out a key to the TARDIS. "Keep that. Go on, that's yours. Quite a big moment, really"

Donna took it with a cough. "Yah, maybe we'll get sentimental after the world's finished choking to death."

"Good idea." He then turned and grabbed Lorelai's shoulders and looked her over. "What about you, Love? You okay?"

Lorelai shook her head. "No, I'm fine." The Doctor stared at her for a moment and she realized something. "I shouldn't be fine."

"No, you shouldn't. I'll have to take a look at you when things calm down." He then took her hand and started to run off with her.

They had a war to stop.

~~~

"Fine then, here I am! Good!" The Doctor exclaimed as he barged into the box trailer base and went right up to the Colonel. "Whatever you do Colonel Mace, do not engage the Sontarans in battle. There is nothing they like better than a war. Just leave this to me."

Mace looked at him. "And what are you going to do?"

"I've git the TARDIS. I'm going to get on board their ship." He then walked up to Martha and told her to come with him before leaving the base with her and Lorelai following.