Bonus Chapter One: I Don't

I'd always wanted a Christmas wedding.

The snow blanketing the town with kisses of freezing winds. The Christmas tree in the corner of the same church that my parents got married in with twinkling lights wrapped around the branches. The best time of the year that was dedicated to giving and family.

The church had a room with a spacious floor plan meant for receptions with stained glass windows, displaying pictures of Jesus on the cross and a Christmas tree that was under it.

The exterior of the church was just as beautiful; the symbolic cross on top of the building, the red door adorned with a wreath and gray-painted wood on the walls.

The bridal room had walls painted red, hardwood flooring and a desk with a mirror bordered by lights where the makeup lady was applying pink blush to my cheeks.

There was a cream-colored couch nestled against the wall with matching loveseats angled towards the wooden coffee table and side tables on either side of the couch.

Vanessa was behind me on the floor with the baby.

Her hair and makeup was already done; her hair was in long curls that reached past her shoulders, she was fashioning fake lashes, a mauve blush on her rounded cheeks and a neutral nude lipstick was added to her perfectly-proportioned lips. Chelsey was in her cute, pink dress with a plastic tiara crowning her brunette hair. She had grown up so fast over the year. Just months ago, she started saying 'dada' and now, she was taking big steps toward her mom and laughing with the sparkle in her sapphire blue eyes.

"How's Blake?"

She sighed with hearts in her eyes. "He's been the best. He surprised me with flowers before our car ride and gave Chelsey that tiara. I think I'm slowly falling in love with him."

Blake Daxton had been her boyfriend for six months. They met at the little bakery downtown when she was surprising her mom with cinnamon rolls for her birthday in April.

She thought that he'd be scared off when he found out about Chelsey, but it didn't take long for him to fall in love with her.

Not only had he been spoiling Chelsey with presents, he'd been spoiling Vanessa with flowers, chocolates and jewelry for every month they dated.

Some might say that he was just as much of a gentleman as Sammy was. James had no problem with her dating while they were raising a kid together.

As a matter of fact, he was always going to bars in search of a lady he connected with himself.

"I told you you'd find someone who loves you. Baby or no baby."

She rolled her eyes, but a smile was across her face. "No one likes an..." She continued in a mimicking tone.

" 'I told you so', so shut it." She meant that to be threatening, but the smile that reached her eyes was the opposite of intimidating.

Mom yanked the door open and came in with her maroon-colored dress which was in a plastic garment bag over her arm — matching the bridal party's color, followed by Ms. Campbell who carried a navy blue dress over her arms.

Hannah wanted to be a real estate agent because of how good it paid. Mom was kind enough to help her get her license and a job at her office after asking if that was really what she wanted to do.

She upgraded from their old apartment to a much bigger house with two floors and a big enough kitchen that could fit more than two people. She told me that she was planning on buying a new home for Vanessa as well where she and Blake could stay.