Dawn and Misty are putting up the last of the decorations in the hall, and I help them for a while, grateful for the distraction. Dawn brings up the funfair, which Misty surprisingly agrees to come to, but says she might not stay long. Dawn, however, has planned a whole list of things that she and May want to do before we go home, including the ferris wheel.

I spend the daylight hours helping them set up for the wedding, looking over the speech I was forced to write as Gary's best-man, and drinking obscene amounts of coffee in an effort to get some energy after last night. After dinner, everyone goes up to change, and when we come down the sun is already setting outside, casting an orange glow over the sky.

"Can you drive some of us over?" Dawn asks me. She's wearing high waisted black shorts and a pale pink corset blouse tucked into them. I'm just wearing a t-shirt and dark jeans.

"Sure." I grab my car keys out of my pocket and we head out to the car. It's still warm, and I don't know if I'm going crazy, but it seems like there's an electric buzz in the air, like the night is really alive somehow. I drive Dawn, May, Brock, Lucy and I down to the funfair, where the makeshift parking lot on the field is packed. I could see the lights of the rides long before we arrived, the ferris wheel towering over the trees. There must be hundreds of people here, milling between food stalls and rides and games, trying to win prizes for their partners or kids.

"Wow, it's huge," May shouts from the back, hurrying to unfasten her seatbelt and get out. When I step out, the air is filled with music and shouting and laughter, and smells like a strange mixture of candy and pizza.

"Come on." Dawn grabs my hand, already dragging me across the grass and into the crowd. I let her lead me and May to the first stall she sees- a game where you have to throw darts at targets to win a prize. She tries, but she's terrible, and on May's turn she's even worse, so I play third and win her a giant Piplup plush, which she squeals at and hugs tight, even as her real Piplup scowls at it.

We wander around the other stalls for a while, buying and eating a number of different snacks. I wonder where the others are, but it would be pretty impossible to find anyone in this crowd, and my phone won't pick up a signal. After about an hour, Dawn spots a small red tent pitched amongst the stalls. A black sign beside it is decorated with doodles of crystal balls and witches hats, and says 'Psychic readings' in big swirly lettering.

"Oh my God," she says, pointing. "A psychic."

"Dawn," I groan. "It's fake."

She turns to glare at me, the lamps making her eyes glow orange. "Really? After everything you've been through, you can't believe a psychic might be real?"

She has a point, I guess. I sigh and gesture for her to lead on, to which she grins and struts right over, peering inside. Through the gap I see a woman sitting at a table, the standard crystal ball in front of her.

"You first," May says, prodding her in the side, and Dawn disappears into the tent, the flap closing behind her.

She reappears five minutes later, looking bewildered. "Well?" I ask, but she genuinely seems speechless.

"She knew things about me she couldn't have known." She shakes her head. "That was crazy."

"What did she say?" May's leaning in towards her in anticipation.

"That in five years, I'll be a super famous coordinator, and married to someone I've known for a long time."

"You're already famous," I say, because she is, kind of. She scoffs.

"No, you are. Some people know of me, but I'm not like you. Do you think she means married to Chloe?" She's staring off into the distance, lost in thought.