10 minutes and a week of hell

Comenzar desde el principio

The whole House looked at the professor, whose look of defeat confirmed his words: it wasn't a lie.

"So let me repeat it once more," the student told the Head of House, "If, in 24 hours, I don't have the Firebolt back, you, Dumbledore and Snape will regret having heard my name!" After he said those words, he left the common room and headed to his dorm.

"Professor…?" Oliver started to ask.

"Yes, Mr. Wood, Potter bought a Firebolt and it has been dismantled," Minerva said before she left the common room, frustrated with all that had happened.

As everyone looked shocked with the news and revelations, Harry Potter came down from his dorms with an evil grin that scared to 99.9% of the House. The only ones that weren't scared were Fred and George Weasley, who recognized that kind of smile as the ones when they played a prank.

"Where is Hermione?" The seeker asked to Ron and Neville.

"Library!" The two boys said together.

"Harry, what happened?" Katie asked him.

"You mean with the broom?" he asked the chaser. When she nodded, he explained, "I bought a Firebolt and I kept it hidden till today so I would shock everyone on the next match.

"The problem was that when I went to try it a while ago, I had the misfortune to find Dumbledore, Snape and McGonagall, who wanted to know where I got the broom.

"We had a little fight as they didn't believe me and actually seemed to think that someone gave it a gift and I tried to hide it. So we had an agreement: I had ten minutes to show the evidence that my claim was right. If I did it, they would drop the matter. If I didn't, they would do whatever they wanted with it: namely, check it thoroughly."

"For your argument, I guess that they didn't wait," Katie said with irony.

"They didn't." Harry confirmed with a nod, as he continued, "It seems that Snape convinced the Heads of the School with his claim that all the students lie all the time and can't say the truth not even to save our lives, and the Firebolt was handed to Flitwick and Hooch.

"It took me 8½ minutes to get my evidence, but for when I found the broom, it was dismantled. So after I showed them what they wanted, they tried to apologize and explain that they had obviously made a HUGE mistake."

"And now?" The Chaser asked arching an eyebrow.

"I told them that they had exactly 24 hours to return me the broom in the same conditions that I left it under McGonagall's care when I came to get my evidence," Harry said with a smile.

"But it takes a week to rearm the broom, right?" Alicia asked, joining the chat,

"According to Hooch and Flitwick, it does," their teammate said with a nod.

"So?" the chasers asked.

"The longer it takes them to return me the broom, the worse it will be for them. I plan to get my payback," Harry said with an evil smile before he left the tower to find his female best friend.

"I don't have a nice feeling about this," Katie told Alicia, who nodded agreeing with her.

… … … …

"Hermione, just the person I was looking for!" Harry said once he found her at her usual spot at the library.

"I won't do your homework," the girl said, without looking up from her book.

"I don't need your help on that matter this time. I need your assistance to save Buckbeak and screw both Malfoy and Snape at the same time," the black-haired teen said with a smile.