Party ( Chapter Nine )

I tap my foot against the floor anxiously. The sound echoed across the room, and most of my classmates were probably irritated by it, but I couldn't help my excitement.

It's Friday, last period of the day. I just want to get out of this class as soon as possible. Once I get home, I can get started on doing Gabe's laundry so I'll be able to show up at Annabeth's party on time. I'll also have to make sure everything in our apartment is perfect so Gabe will have no reason to not let me go.

I have it all planned out.

First, I walk home with Annabeth. I'll make sure I have the times right for the party. Also, I need to ask if I need to bring anything and what we might be doing. I need to make sure I don't sound like an idiot.

---------------------------------------------

"Hey Percy." Annabeth greeted me with a warm smile. She caught up to me, and we walked next to each down the sidewalk.

"Hey Annabeth, how's is going?" I asked while casually sticking my hands in my pocket.

She chuckled. "Nothing really. Are you planning on coming tonight?"

"Yeah, it's crossed my mind. " The truth is, the party has been the only thing on my mind all week. But I wasn't going to tell her that.

"Alright cool. Remember, it starts at five and ends at eleven."

I nodded. It looks like I won't have to worry about asking her the times. Now I just need to ask her details.

"So..." I started looking over at her. Annabeth glanced at me as well and smiled. My stomach fluttered, and I quickly looked away. "How many people are planning to show?"

She shrugged. "Not sure, but definitely you, Thalia, Nico, Rachel, and Luke. I think the Stoll brothers might show as well, along with Katie, and possibly Grover. Is that alright?"

Was she really asking me this? It's her party after all.

"Yeah, it's your party. You can invite whoever you want." I replied questionably.

She laughed. "Oh yeah."

I snuck another glance at her. Annabeth's eyes were fixed in front of her and a smile formed her face. A strand of hair hung loosely in front of her face, and she tucked it behind her ear. Annabeth adjusted the books she had, situating them closer to her chest. It was a cute way of protection.

She looked over to me and raised an eyebrow.

My eyes widened as I just realized I had been staring. A blush creeped onto my cheeks and I quickly turned my head away from her due to my embarrassment.

"Sorry." I muttered.

Annabeth laughed. Little crinkles appeared at the corners of her eyes as they sparkled in amusement. Sunlight shone on her curls causing them to glow a shimmering gold. Annabeth really was beautiful. "It's alright."

I looked up again and noticed my apartment building up ahead. Thank god!! A way to avoid this embarrassment.

Fastening my pace, I glided up the staircase leading to the door.

"I guess I'll see you tonight then." Annabeth called.

I turned around to see her waving at me. A hopeful smile on her face. Annabeth is a smiley person. I like that about her.

I smiled and waved back, then disappeared through the doorway.

---------------------------------------------

Alright, first step is done. Check!

The second step is to do Gabe's laundry. Oh god, this'll be fun. NOT!!