Beer ( Chapter seven )

AN: so, i was in a writing mood today. My english essay is due in a few days and i finished it. So happy. That writing is so much better than this. Mostly cuz i checked iver that a bazillion times. I didnt check this all all. Notta. So there might b some mistakes. But im kinda happy with it, i guess.

So i noticed i havent done a disclaimer in a while. So obviously, im not rick. I dont own any of these characters. Just the plot. I wish i owned them tho.

So, ya, i hope u enjoy the chappie:D

---------------------------------------------

The moment I closed the door to our apartment, a smile creeped onto my face. I held the envelope, containing my invite, tightly in my right hand. I just stood there, by the door like an idiot trying to process what happened.

Annabeth and I held a conversation. She lives a block down from me. A party was taking place at her apartment next week. I was invited. This is not happening. No, I was dreaming.

I pinched my arm. There was pain. OHMYGODS!!!! It was real!!!! Okay, okay, deep breaths, you're not a teenage girl. Alright, good. Whew!

My smile was still there though. Nothing could change the mood I was in.

"BRAIN BOY!!!! Get in here!" Gabe yelled from the other room. The smile switched quickly to an irritated frown.

I spoke too soon.

I stalked over to the kitchen, where Gabe was located, and poked my head in. You could practically feel the annoyance radiating off both Gabe and I.

"Yes?" I asked in mock politeness.

"Grab me another beer!" He ordered. I scanned my surroundings.

The table Gabe was sitting at was littered with a large amount of empty beer bottles, and the ash tray was full of cigars that Gabe had recently smoked.

I was already aware that the beer was in the fridge, only 3 or 4 steps away from the seat Gabe was planted in.

"Why can't you get it?!" I asked rudely.

"DON'T USE THAT TONE WITH ME!!!" Gabe screamed. He flew up from his chair, and my eyes widened in surprise.

I took a step back alarmingly. If I would have known he would do that, I wouldn't have said what I said.

His eyes were blood shot and I had this strange feeling that he didn't have control over what he was doing. Meaning he was so drunk that he wouldn't remember anything that happened. This seemed to be the worst he looked all week. And that's saying something.

"YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE B*****!!!" He screamed at me while taking a few more steps towards me. I retreated a few paces until I was backed up against the wall. I was trapped, cornered. He kept walking towards me, holding one of the empty beer bottles in his right hand. "You will do as I say, when I say it!!" He said with the same amount of force as before, just not as loud. Gabe was now only about two steps away from me.

He smelled like he hadn't taken a shower for a few weeks, and his appearance wasn't much better than his smell.

Gabe was wearing a white beater and jeans. The beater didn't compliment him at all though. It had stains in every space visible, and his fat belly could easily be seen. The jeans were fine except for the fact they were ripped at the bottom.

He raised the bottle with his right hand slowly. The look on his face told me that he didn't plan on backing down. I panicked. Gabe had trapped me and I couldn't get out. There was no possible way to escape what he was planning to do.

He swung the bottle and I closed my eyes, shut tight, and waited for the horrible impact.

It never came. Well, to my skin anyway. The bottle shattered against the wall next to my head. A piece of glass flew at my face and scratched a patch of skin on my jaw line. It drew blood.

I opened my eyes coming face to face with Gabe once again. He was staring at me intensely.

The next thing I knew, a searing pain exploded in my arm.

"Aaahhhh!!" I yelled in pain. My vision became blurry, and I slid to the ground. My hand clasped the place above my wrist, as it was where the pain was. I raised my head to glance at Gabe, and I saw him standing there with a piece of broken glass attached to his hand. It was covered in blood. My blood.

I then took a look at my arm. The glass had made a deep cut, and the blood was gushing out. I felt so much pain, it was almost numbing.

"That should teach you to obey the one putting a roof over your filthy head!" He snarled.

The envelope had fallen out of my hand when I grabbed my arm due to the pain. It was now laying motionless on the floor next to it. Annabeth's neat handwriting written on the top.

"What's this?!" Gabe said while bending over to pick it up. I tried to stop him by kicking his hand, but he responded my jabbing his foot into my stomach, forcing me to clutch my stomach.

He looked at it carefully, and stuck it in his back pocket. Then he gave me one last look. A sneer, and stalked out of the apartment with a slam of the door.

I just sat there. In pain. The one thing I knew I needed to do was stay awake. Stay awake. My vision clouded more. I felt dizzy and restless. And I started thinking about my mom. When would she be home? How would she react? Will she be alright?

Just then, the door opened. I felt relieved. Someone was home, finally. But it wasn't my mom. It was Grover, Rachel, and someone that I barely ever talk to, Luke

They walked in and when they saw me, all had different reactions.

Rachel threw her hands to her mouth and fell to her knees. A sob escaped through her lips, and her eyes glistened with tears beginning to form.

Grover was in shock. He staggered a bit and leaned against the wall for support. I think his mouth was permanently ajar because he couldn't seem to close it. He too had tears beginning to form at the sight if my bloodied arm.

Luke was the most helpful. He gasped and ran to the sink quickly. His hands scrambled around looking for something. He finally found what he was looking for. A towel. He threw in under the sink and turned in on. Water slashed out of the faucet onto the towel, and he ran to me. Luke looked really concerned as he removed my hand from my arm and pushed the towel onto the wound. I winced in pain at the pressure.

"Aah-aahh-eeeoo-o" I gasped. The pain was so bad.

"Don't worry, as long as we stop the bleeding, you'll be fine." He said calmly.

"A-alight," I stuttered. I winced again as it felt like a knife was stabbing me in the arm.

Rachel and Grover were recovering from their panic state and slowly walked over to me.

They just stared and we sat in quiet. It wasn't an awkward silence, but it wasn't exactly comfortable due to my arm.

Luke shattered the silence by asking,"Who did this to you?"

"Yeah, I'd like to know too." Grover added.

"Me too." Rachel said. Tears still stained her cheeks.

I sighed. Should I tell them? I've never told anyone. Then something occurred to me.

"Wait a second," they gave confused looks," Why are you here? I thought you two didn't want to talk to me ever again. Why change all that now? And why is Luke here? I never even talk to him?" I questioned.

They three of them looked at each other.

---------------------------------------------

AN: So ive noticed that in almost every chappie, i promise a longer chapter next time. Well im sorry but that never happens. :( i really am sorry. I cant promise anything but i do hope the next one will b longer. Well i hope u like it.

Adios peeps!!!!!!;)