050 | you're fucking joking

Start from the beginning

"I won't. Have you been to the doctors?"

"How do you think I got the ultrasound?" she chuckled to lighten her own mood. "I wouldn't have told you if I wasn't one hundred percent sure, Adalyn."

"Right.. How far along are you?" Adalyn asked as she picked up the small printed picture, trying to understand all the writing at the top.

"She said said I'm six weeks but like going off when I first had sex after my period, it's like four weeks.. so somewhere in between there, I don't know how it all works."

"May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, January," she counted the nine months on her fingers. "Do you have a due date?"

"Not yet," she shook her head.

"it's so small.."

"mh, there's still a long way to go," she let out a sigh.

"Did you drink when Jonah was here?"

"I did.." she slowly nodded. "It was just wine and I talked to my doctor about that and she said as long as it was light drinking, it's usually doesn't cause any harm to the baby this early on."

"Do you want to go see the boys?" Adalyn changed the subject, placing the photo back in the box and looking at the girl. "I was going to ask anyway, Jack wants to see me and also I need to talk with him.."

"Is everything okay with you two?"

"Yeah, we're good," she nodded. "Anyway, Jack said they're going to Canada soon so let's just meet them wherever they're back so we don't have to go through boarder security and all that, let me check where."

"I was looking at it last night cause I wanted to see when he'll be home and if I remember correctly they're going from Vancouver to Seattle," Valentina replied.

"How far's of a drive is that?" the other switched apps on her phone as she looked up directions to Washington.

"You wanna drive it?" she furrowed slightly.

"Yeah then we can stay with them," she nodded. "And you're not going on a plane and also then you have something to do cause going to your work, they'll both harm the baby."

"Okay," she agreed with the girl's rambling although she had already confirmed with her doctor what in her daily life was and wasn't good for the baby.

"And if Jonah or their management or whoever tells you you can't have the baby- I never asked Jack about all that, but if they say you can't, don't listen to them, I'll help you, you don't need him."

"mhm, okay.."

"It's like seventeen hours to Seattle, we can drive up sometime before Saturday then I'll just make sure with Jack that they're going to come back that night or whatever. Then we'll be able to have Sunday and Monday with them."

"I have work from Thursday to Sunday.."

"Well you're not going," she quickly shook her head.

"I'm still going to go to work at the moment, okay.. you're not deciding that for me," she almost hesitantly explained. "I know you think it's going to harm my baby but I've talked to my doctor and researched about it as well, and it's going to be fine. And I'm not rich like you, I can't just not have a job."

"But you're like around alcohol and tobacco and just everything that's bad for the baby. And like I tried that pole dancing shit before and it dangerous, you can hurt yourself and the baby. You don't understand how lucky you are, so don't fuck it up-"

"Adalyn, listen.." she grabbed hold of both of her friend's hands. "I've been pole dancing for years, if I was just starting and wasn't confident enough in myself, I wouldn't continue. But also you need to let me make my own decisions. It's my baby, and I still need to talk to Jonah about all this.."

"okay then.."

"Would you like to go out and get dinner tonight?" Valentina more so suggested.

"No thanks, I only want to go see Jack," she muttered.

"Okay," she nodded. "I'll see if I can get some time off of work and we can drive up on the weekend. Maybe find somewhere to stop overnight on the way."

"mh.."

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

jonah and val had a little too much
fun while he was home lol

anyway any opinions, any ideas on
what's gonna happen now?