041 | thank you again

"Thank you again for doing this," Adalyn said to her lash tech as she welcome the girl into the studio room. "Thank you so much."

"Of course, you're my favorite client, I wasn't going to let you go without," Carissa replied with a smile. "Especially ahead of Coachella. You can lay down when you're ready."

"um I might fall asleep, I haven't slept much lately.." she mentioned as she got up on the lash bed and laid down. "So maybe just talk to me so I don't."

"Okay.. close your eyes lovely," she said as the girl done so, prepping her eyes for the lash extensions. "So, are you going to tell me why you ripped them all out within a week?"

"I was stressed.."

"Is this thing that's stressing you also why you haven't been sleeping?"

"mhm."

"Would you like to talk about it?" she asked. "It might help release all your stress."

"um.." she hummed while her phone started ringing, "can you tell me who this?"

"It says.. Mr. Avery with a heart," Carissa said, reading the screen of the phone placed beside the one laying down. "Is that your boyfriend?"

"yep."

"Would you like me to answer it for you-"

"No, I don't want to talk to him," she interrupted her.

"Are you avoiding him?" she asked.

"I cheated on him," Adalyn blurted out. "That's why I'm stressed."

"oh okay," she slightly laughed. "Sorry I don't mean to laugh, I just wasn't expecting that with how positively you spoke about him last time I saw you.. So did something happen between you two or was it a genuine mistake? Only if you want to talk about it of course, I'm not going to tell anyone you know that."

"I got into a fight with him over his daughter and I'm trying to be more open with him and I don't know, just talk more about my feelings in general.. and when I did about that situation, he said something that really hurt me.. so I was like mad at him.

"And I've barely spoken to him since and he's said he's sorry like million time for not listening to how I was but I just, I don't know," she continued to explain, letting out a sigh. "I then went out with a friend, who's not really a friend and I was talking with this guy when she was off god knows where."

"And I got way too drunk and high and let him kiss me," Adalyn sighed once again. "And touch me.."

"Down there?"

"Down there," she agreed, slightly nodding.

"Keep your head still lovely," Carissa lightly pushed down on her forehead so she would. "I don't wanna rip out the rest of your natural lashes."

"Sorry," she apologised. "But yeah, down there, and it only lasted like two second before my brain realised what was going on and shut the whole thing down. So that's why I'm avoiding my boyfriend because he can tell when I'm lying and hiding things from him, he always has been.."

"Why not just tell your boyfriend?" she more so suggested. "Tell him about how that guy took advantage of you when you were drunk, it doesn't necessarily have to be the whole truth.."