Chapter 0.3

Kocho Shinobu stared at familiar eyes set in a child's face, sure fate was playing with her.

Why else would she be seeing her Oyakata-sama (the one person she could think of as her father figure) in the form of a child?

Anger was an emotion Shinobu was all too familiar with, one that she let temper her, sharpen her and guide her. This time too she let it wrap around her heart as it screamed at the utter injustice she was thrown into again and again!

She let the anger twist her lips into a soft smile as she coldly said, "Whatever demon you are, you are pretty stupid to think I'd fall for something like this, to show me the faces of the dead? Heh, I'll bring out the best poison I have for this trick you pulled, you only deserve it."

Little 'Oyakata-sama' (demon demon demon) blinked a few times as he processed those words, before softly smiling (oh heavens this demon was an expert, but to dare copy that smile) and saying, "Young lady, I'm sorry to give you the impression I was playing with you, that was not my intention, forgive me." He then proceeded to bow, leaving his neck open for any attack.

And it would be so very easy to attack it now, except, except-

" Master, that, that isn't a demon."

Oh Shinobu didn't have to be told that by her sister, the room was all too familiar as it was. The old walls, the scrolls, the smell of medicine that permeated the air...

An illusion art? The only demon she knew who could do that was Tamayo-san, and she- she was-

(dead?)

"It isn't a demon art either," Kanao said, eyes that saw so much, noticed so much, fixed unmoving on the now risen form of the child, who stared at them patiently. Her pocket that still held the coin seemed to burn.

"Oyakata-sama has been notified, you're going to meet with him soon, Kagaya-kun," A woman entered, dressed in a pitch black kake-yumaki. (Wait, Kake-Yumaki? Didn't that clothing exist during-) The woman shot a suspicious look to Shinobu and a downright judgmental look at Kanao (pointedly at her skirt).

Shinobu's smile immediately dropped. It was effortless to bring up a glare, because the smile was fake in the first place. The woman immediately flinched yet didn't leave, only moving her gaze back to 'Kagaya-kun'.

"I see," the child good naturedly said, stepping in front of Kanao as if to shield her. Shinobu's heart trembled at the gesture.

So similar, so similar. She wanted to scream, so she smiled.

Outside a ruckus suddenly started.

"This isn't how you hold an injured person, have you no shame! Upside-down, upside-down, can you believe it?!" A young woman's voice said, disbelief obvious in tone.

"How noisy." Another, much, much younger voice said, indifferent and cold.

"Er- Torumei-san isn't wrong, but uh you don't need to shout?" Another young voice said, nervousness obvious in the tone.

"Heh, of course I'm not wrong, and be glad kid that I'm in an okay mood!"

"I don't care." That same childish voice said, sounding impossibly more indifferent, Shinobu wanted to laugh.

"Put the man down, please and take him to the recovery room carefully, not like this," the previously nervous girl this time stated calmly.

Shinobu moved her eyes away from where she was staring through the open tatami doors, to look at Kagaya-kun (Shinobu didn't want to believe this, but the clothes, the look of the room, everything just-)

"To be thrown into the sengoku era with a nuisance of a syste- oof!"

A hard sound of a hand meeting someone's back interrupted the nervous sounding girl. Yet, Shinobu barely heard it over the buzz of blood rushing through her ears as what she'd tried to overlook became reality.

They were- they were-

Footsteps steadily moving closer to the tatami doors was followed by the nervous girl saying, "Harumi-chan! That hurt!"

"Don't be an idiot then." The cold voice said.

"Don't just carelessly say this and that, Sayori." The formerly angry but now mostly irritated woman's voice said.

"Ah, ah I will- I will take care of the patient mam, please don't worry about it." A fourth voice, young, said suddenly.

"Hmm," the woman's voice, moving ever closer, said sounding pleased, "you're a quick one, what's your name?"

"Ah - Ko-Ko- I-"

"Koko then, good good, you'll work under me then."

And then the four people were walking directly in front of the open doors.

A young woman with red tinted hair and a scar running down a side of her face was walking right behind another person dressed in the black Kake-yumaki the woman who'd entered their room had worn, yet Kanao couldn't tell the person's gender. The young woman was helping hold the patient carried in the other's arms, face scowling yet hands gentle as they worked expertly.
Torumei...

Following right behind was a green haired child (who was almost as tall as the 'Torumei-san' yet had soft features of a young teen of around Kanao's own age), rubbing softly at the back of her head, eyes nervous yet quick as they looked around. Briefly, their eyes met, and she saw those yellow eyes widen as if they recognized Kanao.
Sayori...

Finally the youngest girl, who was as tall as the first woman yet was obviously young by her features, walked by. She too looked at Kanao, the frown (Kanao had a feeling that expression never left her face) growing deeper as her wierd red eyes (she should get used to such eyes by now but she didn't expect stars for pupils) looked knowingly at her. Harumi...

Kanao cataloged their names and features because she knew they will be useful.

So did Shinobu, as the girls walked by and some moments later, a man addressed reverently as Oyakata-sama entered.

Shinobu needed to find those girls, because they had known..

They had known what Shinobu had tried to deny...

That they all had traveled in time.

Wooooo that took time! please tell me if i got ur characters wrong!!