Time's A Mess : Prologue

It was the moment. Right here, right now, in front of them...

"Kibutsuji Muzan!" Tanjiro screamed.

That guy!

It's him!

The man standing in the ruins of the place where once Ubuyashiki Kagaya and his family had lived..It was him!

"Breath of mist!"
"Breath of love!"
''Breath of snake!"
''Breath of insect!"
''Breath of water!"
''Breath of wind!"

They were here now. This was it, they won't let him go!

"You seriously thought you could corner me? You're all going to hell now!"

The biwa string..

The ground sliding from under them.

Nobody, not the hashiras and Tanjiro, not the rest of the kamaboko squad, not the upper moons, not even Muzan could've expected what happened next.

Falling... falling...

Falling back into the past.

~

When Tanjiro came to, he and his sister were lying on the tatami covered floor of none other than Sumiyoshi.
A Sumiyoshi who didn't understand where this look alike of him and his wife came from.
One glance was enough...

~

When Zenitsu came to, he found himself being carried in the arms of a tall man wearing am awfully familiar haori. Inosuke was slung over this man's shoulder.
One glance was enough...

~

When Kanao and Shinobu came to, they were lying on the floor of a familiar yet unfamiliar floor with a child no older than 5 looking down at them with a confused yet patient

ả̷̬n̴̩͇̙̍͗d̷̰̠̆̄̔̀̔́͝ ̷̫̹͉͔̻̬̩́ȏ̷͖̙͔̲͓̒̅̓̿̏͘h̸̟̰͍̻̃́ ̴̰̰̣͒̀̔s̶̘͕̱̉͌õ̶̦͚̼̱̬͓̯̾ ̴̧̛̯̠̏̊̌̃̈́͝f̸̛͍̣͕͉̰̒̃̉a̴̧̘͇̟͗͒͂̒͛͜͝m̸̰̅͗̓̎̏̃̒͜i̵͕̠͉̒l̵̡̈́̇͠ỉ̶̡̪̮̐̚͠ͅa̸̘̠̙̹̤̓̏r̵̟̰̝͍̈́̈́̂̽ smile.

One glance was enough...

~

Muichiro found himself on his back on the floor, Himejima kneeling in front of him with a defensive sword stance as another person just as tall as Himejima tilted his head quietly to the side, not bothering to even unwrap the chains around his waist. One glance was enough...

~

Sanemi and Giyuu were standing back to back, united as they faced two men with their own swords raised. One smelled the blood, the other bled.
One glance was enough...

~

Mitsuri wouldn't wake up and Obanai was alone protecting her as he stared at the man  standing calmly in front of him. The flame marks...
One glance was enough...

~

Fate was ruthless, Tengen thought, as he, all healed with no injuries of his almost death marking him, stood in front of his wives. The man with even the sound of his heartbeat muffled said not a word as Uzui helplessly stared at the mark on his forehead.
One glance was enough...

~

Rengoku Kyojuro opened his eyes again, took a deep breath again, when he thought he would never any more. Yet he breathed as he stared at the man standing before him, Genya protected behind his back.
Fate really was so ruthless, to rip him away from his afterlife and throw him back to the wolves, make him raise his katana again when he shouldn't ever have had to.
"Set your heart ablaze..'' He whispered at the man covered in blood, the man who looked so much like...
So much like him....
One glance was enough...

~

Because indeed one glance was all it took for them to understand..

That their generation was just history repeating itself..

Ah indeed, what happened in the Sengoku era, was it not what happened in the Taisho era too?

Why, then, was this realization so bitter for so many to swallow?

Because... if faces of the former hashira could come back from the dead as themselves... So could history repeat itself with their defeat..

~

Kanae, Sabito and Makomo grimly looked on.

This was not how it was supposed to go, they thought as they let those doors lead them to the past as well.

It didn't matter, did it, if things didn't go their way?

They made a promise to accompany, and they will carry it to the end.

~

All around the demon slayer head quarters, people dropped from the sky, familiar faces and unfamiliar faces all were met with the hostility fueled with suspicion.

Yet if only these humans knew that these people weren't the only ones...

~~~

Featuring the hashiras, kamaboko squad + some friendly ghosts in the sengoku era!

Enter the modern transmigrators! Armed with knowledge of the future, will they be in time to stop the massacre? The betrayal? The pain? Or will they succumb to the common fate of every person a part of the demon slayer verse- to become one with the ashes of the dead?

The four shall hold the heavy swords,
The three shall look on as blood poured,
The two shall be forced to embrace the dark,
and the last one standing shall be the strongest of them all.

+10 votes for me to write next chapter, +3 tags at least!!