•°•°{CHAPTER 8 || THERE'S ALWAYS A 'BUT"}•°•°

WARNINGS: heated make out session ig(?), murder, cursing, ooc hanma i think

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"-- and that concludes the meeting, Gentlemen." The middle aged man finally said after seemingly hours of endless chatter.

Izana sighed, cracking his neck from side to side, supressing a groan of satisfaction when he heard the small pops, he stood up and stretched his legs.

Inhaling deepsly, he casted a glance at his younger brother whos already dull eyes seemed to be even more dull when they're lidded, lazily blinking as he prepared to stand up, fingers gripping his chairs handles in support.

The white haired man turned his gaze back to the man heading straight for him wth small and hesitant steps, the mans smile faltering when they made eye contact.

"Mr. Kurokawa, Mr. Sano, thank you both so much for hearing us out, we do hope that you take our request into great consideration." He said, bowing a ninety degree angle.

"Hm." Izana merely hummed, turning around for the door when Mikey finally tugged on his sleeve, a silent signal that he's ready. "Kakucho." He addressed, giving a pointed look to the middle aged leader.

"Yes'sir." The black haired man bowed in respect causing a pleased smile to break out of the older ones face as he gave Kakucho a small pat on the head as he breezed past with Mikey at his side.

"Sanzu," Mikey called out to the scarred male who perked up in attention, his lips parted to talk but a yawn interupted. "... This the last one?"

"Yes, Mikey."

"Good." The blondes lips quirked up the tiniest bit. "Let's go home now." They stepped oit of the meeting room, the rest of the executive sans Kakucho right behind them

"What do you think Y/ns going to cook up? I'm really craving for some Gyūdon right now." Mikey muttered, glancing at the older who merely shrugged before taking out his phone.

"I'm gonna call her, tell her we're about to come home." Izana pressed on the call botton, his phone ringing as he brought it up near his ear before it headed straight into voicemail. His stomach dropped. "Huh." He tried again, nothing.
Izana gulped, throat dry all of a sudden as that same tingling sensation from this morning picked up.

"She not picking up?" His brother asked, taking out his own device from his pocket and calling, only to be met with the same result "... Weird, she always picks up the second time around."

Izana tried again, and nothing, unconciously his steps picked up, heart rate picking up as all the worst case scenario began playing in his head. His breathing turned heavy as he tried again and again and again and yet noone is there.

Why isn't she fucking picking up?

Mikey sensing his growing panic turned to Kokonoi, who along with the other higher ups have caught onto their conversation, in a silent order. The white-haired man nodded back, taking the lead as he barked orders around for the other followed, his own phone now pressed agaist his ear as he tried to call the team meant to be monitoring her every move.

Mikey tried to keep himself composed but he knew that any sort of bad news right now would ultimately be the one to break it so he opted to break into rushed steps, his hand now griping his older brothers forearm as he led them down the hall and to the elevators.

Swallowing the lumps in his throat, he turned back to Kokonoi, only to find the man rushing to catch up to him. "What did they say?" He asked, voice breathless as he tried to pull himself together.

"Mikey, no one is picking up." Kokonoi told him, a bead of nervous sweat running down the side of his face, his usual composed facade broken as he informed their number one.

Izanas dazed expression snapped into one of anger, a hand now tugging at Kokonois tie, stopping all of them in their tracks as he forced the taller man down to his level, his lavender eyes frighteningly wide. "What the fuck do you mean no ones answering?"

Kokonoi sucked in a short bated breath, sharp eyes switching their stare from Izana to Mikey then back again. "Exactly what it means, Izana."

Izana stepped back, lips stretching into a snarl as he now addressed the rest of the group. "Then what the fuck are you all wating for?! Get your asses moving, Now!"

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

20 minutes earlier...

"Y/n-chan." Hanma called out, clearing his throat when his voice cracked. "Hey, I wanna tell you something."

"Hm?" She hummed, lifting up the pot that contained the now cooked Gyūdon that she picked out the meat for earlier that day. "What is it?" She turned to meet his eyes after she washed her hands clean and wiped off the access water on a piece of cloth.

"I--" Hanma cut himself off, his grip tightening their hold on his gun at his side, a single finger loosely hanging on the trigger.

The woman blinked at him expectantly, hand lingering at the oven handle that she hung the slightly damp cloth in. She sighed after another moment of silence. "Shuuji, if you're not ready to talk about it, don't force yours--."

"I love you." Hanma blurted out.

Y/n paused, eyes widening as she stared at him in surprise. A tingling sensation on her cheeks caused her to chuckle nervously. "Wha-- what?" She asked, lips now parting as the bicolor haired male stood up to his towering height.

Hanma walked towards her direction casuing her to step away ackwardly as he trapped her between the counter and his body, his front flushed against hers as he leaned to connect their forehead together. "Shuuji." She pressed her palms flat on his chest, heart racing and running from the sudden rush of emotions that swept her off her feet.

"I love you..." He muttered quietly, lips lightly brushing on hers in a fleeting kiss, shy and nervous as his gloved hands found their way home on her hips. "I just wanted you to know that."

Hanma slid his hands up to her waist, fingers tracing and memorizing the dip of her body as he kissed her again, deeper this time and cutting off the shy whisper of his name.

He swiped a wet tongue on her bottom lip, causing her to gasped in surprise against his mouth and giving him the opportunity to let himself in, a grunt leaving his throat when she whimpered quietly, her fingers tightly gripping his dress shirt.

Pulling away, a thin string of saliva connected their bottom lips together as she gasped for a breath of air. "Shuuji, what has gotten into you? I--"

BANG!!

Hanma braced an arm on her waist to keep her flush against him, the barrel of his gun still pointed on her side as she slumped on his chest, knees crumbling underneath her. "... Wha?"  She gargled weakly, eyes wide and searching as her lungs quickly filled up with her own blood as she struggled to breathe.

"I'm sorry, Princess..." The man muttered into the crook of her neck, his black dress shirt getting soaked by the warmth of her life source. "But I gotta follow orders."