•°•°{CHAPTER 1 || I SHOULD GET SHOT MORE}°•°•

Sano Manjiro loves her, truly he does.
He loves every single version of herself that she allowed for him to take a glimpse of. The good, the bad, and the ugly, anything he can get really.

He knows he isn't special though, that he wasn't the only one lucky enough to appreciate her, that there are plenty of other parts that he hasn't even seen yet, ones that he knows that his older adopted brother has known throughout your lives and the life they both lived before meeting him.

He doesn't get jealous though, he definitely doesn't, sure there was the occasional stink-eyed glare directed at the white haired man, and the few sneers of annoyance whenever he so much as wrap an arm around her waist, placed comfortably on the dip of her curve like it always belonged there (it didn't, he always tells himself, ignoring the teenie tiny voice in the back of his head whispering to him that he didn't stand a chance against the man thats been present through every lows and highs of her life).

And no he doesn't get jealous because through sheer pettiness and his own crippling desire alone, he can allow himself to enjoy the locked jaws and the wild crazed eyes whenever it was him that managed to drape themselves over her, strong hands firmly grasping her hips before they travelled along the soft arch of her spine as he inhaled the addicting but comforting scent that is her.

Best part about it, is that he's allowed to do it, because she doesn't belong to his brother, she doesn't belong to Izana or him, she belonged to noone but herself unless she decided to tell them otherwise (it does't make them any less clingy though), which if she does he'll happily obliged (if its even him she wanted, that is), wanting nothing more than to just plant his lips on her own and drown himself in her presence, his fingers tangling and soothing over her soft locks of hair.

He just hopes that she figure out all the signs first before he actually loses all his marbles (not that he had much to begin with but whatever). She's always been a little dense in the romantic department, he sighed fondly, twirling a lock of her hair, his obsidian eyes tracing over every little detail of her side profile as she concentraited on his patient file, delicate fingers scribbling chicken marks like the absolute docter she is.

He guesses its because her head had always been occupied with everything but romance, mind always up in the clouds as she worked her way over whatever problems she had and figuring out the best solutions.

He watched carefully as she tucked a stray hair behind her ear, his lashes fluttering atop his cheeks as he shifted, sighing once more as he looked at her with admiration lining on his gaze, he's quite sure he would have hearts as pupils if it was even remotely possible.

She's always so pretty, he thought, cradling his left side, the very same side that she threaded her fingers on with soft touches and gentle prodding.

Maybe getting a deep grazed on the side with a bullet wasn't so bad after all, if it meant having her treat him with her full attention than it was more than just fine, great even. At least he could have her for himself for a little bit because soon enough that perfectly intacted door would be broken down by the very man that he called his brother. Izana will not take it well if she was out of his sight for a little over an hour or two, injured little brother or otherwise, especially since they just came back after another round of bullets and dead bodies.

The man was obssessed with her, not that he's any different though, the voice said.
He ignored it, preventjng an eye roll as he directed his gaze towards the Tv hanged up on the wall, the news turned on as the news lady broadcasted the Tokyo Manjis dispute with another gang, along with the casualties that got caught between the crossfire that happened.

He narrowed his eyes suspiciously at the mentioned Tachibana Hinata and Tachibana Naoto getting cruched and dying at the handles of a truck. As far as he knew there shouldn't have been any casualties at all at that certain area considering the place that the conflict happened at was quite far away.

Before he could think too much about it, it was just then that the aforementioned platinum haired brother of his barged in, legs straightened after kicking down the door before casually strolling in as if nothing happened, Kakucho behind him stayed outside.

Manjiro noticed her violent flinched, a hand coming up to her chest as she let out a heave sigh of relief at the familiar sight. Catching her breath, she turned a pointed glare his way, pointing out that the door was unlocked anyways so there was no need to obliterate the poor thing.

He huffed a small laugh as the other man ignored the jest, settling instead at her side and patting at Manjiros leg in greeting which he ackknowlegded with a nod as he leaned back on the infirmary bed.

Well, there goes his few minutes of alone time with her, he thought whilst resting his heavy lids.

You know what maybe getting another bullet shot might not be so bad an idea anymore, it'll give her an excuse to kick Izana out when treating him.