•°•°{CHAPTER 7 || TELL ME SOMETHING}•°•°

Hanma Shuuji is awfully talkative tonight.

That is to say, he is more so than he usually is. It's not a bad thing per se but Y/n can't help but feel the small tinge of worry that settled in her stomach, anyway.

She squeezed her thighs together, the air condition of Hanmas car proving to be much too cold for her liking as she tried to preserve her own body heat. She crossed her arms across her chest, tightly holding them as she let out a puff of breath.

Hanma took notice of her slightly shivering form, and freed a gloved hand from the steering wheel to adjust the AC before said hand settled on her thigh, giving the plush fat of flesh a firm grasp.

"You Ok?" He asked her, voice low as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Yeah, just cold." She replied, lashes fluttering atop her cheeks.

"Don't worry, we're almost there." Hanma reassured, giving her thigh another squeeze. He huffed a small laugh, though it was void of any amusement that was usually associated with the sound. "Just a little more..."

She squinted her eyes at him but didn't say a word. If Hanma wanted to talk to her about what was troubling him, he already would have. He always does.

"So how was work? I didn't get the chance to ask you how it went earlier."

"Oh, it was just the usual. Dr. Fukushima did say that I might get to perform a solo surjury soon, so there's that."

Hanma lit up. "Oh yeah? You excited for it?" He gave you a brief glance.

She huffed a small laugh. "How could I not be. It's been a dream of mine since I was a child."

Hanma raised a teasing brow. "To cut people open? I didn't take you to be such a sadist, Y/n-chan." He gasped in surprise as if he just discovered something he wasn't suppose to.

She swatted at his side lightly causing a laugh to rumble from his chest.

"I'm kidding!" He snickered at the unamused look on the womans face, cheeks slightly puffed and causing her lips to pucker up.

He glanced down breifly before focusing in front of him once more, his cace turning back to their stoic facade. Hanma stopped at a red light.

"But in all seriousness, are you happy right now? With your life, I mean?" The bicolor haired male asked, sticking a tongue out to swipe at his suddenly dry lips.

"... Yeah, all things considered." She nodded, a small smile appearing and lifting her lips up the slightest bit. "No ones died for eleven years now,--" Hanma gave her a knowing look. "--the ones that I care about, that is."

Hanma chuckled, the sound soft as it reverberated against his chest. "Yeah? Am I apart of that small circle of yours?"

She snorted and for a moment Hanmas heart plummeted to his stomach before she gave him a look. "'Course you are, what do you think I keep you around for?" She asked him, sarcastically.

Hanma glanced at her from his peripheral, a smirk was playing at her lips which he found to be amusing paired with her still shivering form. He breathe a sigh, knuckles tunring white from how hard he was gripping the steering wheel.

His throat bobbed as he gulped, his lips parting for an intake of breath. "Well, I'm honored." The light turned green and sped off once more.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"You should stay over for dinner, Shuuji." Y/n offered, as she led them to the elevator, she pressed the bottom for the highest floor once Hanma got in.

"Why not. You sure the boss' will be ok with that though?"

"I'm sure, those two will be too tired to do anything about it." The elevator dinged a small tune for every floor they passed. "And because I said so, ok?"

"Yes, Ma'am." Hanma snickered softly, shuffling and leaning his weight onto one foot as they waited before repeating the process.

A final ding was heard before the elevator opened to the penthouse's floor. "Come along now." She beckoned, a hand grasping at his forearm as she led them to her shared penthouse.

"Take off your shoes, please, thank you." She told him after she slotted the key into the door, she shrugged of her own footwear and placed them gently at the shoerock near the entrance.

Hanma followed, neatly placing his dress shoes at the side before stepping in, following the (h/c)-haired woman to the kitchen where he made himself comfortable on one of the high stools surrounding the kitchen island.

"Let me just change and I'll start cooking something up." She told him before trudging towards her room.

Hanma sighed once she was out of sight, a glaved finger pushing his glasses up. He shurgged his suit jacket off, hanging it up on the back if his chair.

His phone vibrated in his pocket. Opening it up with a hand, he frowned at the message, his other hand unconciously hovering over a gun that he constantly needed to have on his person.

'Kill her'