•°•°{CHAPTER 2 || LET ME HOLD YOUR HANDS}•°•°

Kurokawa Izana adores her hands. They were so soft and well taken care of, so warm and careful whenever they card their fingers through his soft platinum locks whenever he sought after the comfort that only she can provide.

He loved the feeling of them ingulfed in his larger hands, so different and so untainted against his blood stained palms because unlike him, hers was made to save lives, his was made to take them. Its always a wonder to him why she ever stuck around a man that could so easily take her life away if he so desired, the man that used to dream of creating a safe space for orphans such as yourselves.

He remembred asking her once why she ever bothered to visit him in that wreckaged place of an orphanage after she was finally adopted by people that actually wanted a child, why would she ever come back to him and Kakucho when she finally had a family of her own where she was free to forget about them.

Izana soon learned that he shouldn't ever question her in the matter because she ended up just calling him stupid and an idiot in the same sentence which had left his younger self in complete confusion because didn't those two words mean the same thing? Why was she calling him stupid twice?

He chuckled to himself when he remembered Kakuchos look of horror when the insult left her lips. The man behind him perked up at the sound, sending a questioning look at the platinum haired mans back but stayed quiet nonetheless.

Skipping towards the infirmary door, he prepared a kick before knocking it down, a wide smile stretch on his lips as he saw the way she flinched, previously immersed on her notes.

Stuffing his hands in his pockets, he took fast strides before finally settling beside her. He gave Mikey, who wore a small smile, a pat on the leg.

Lifting his hand, he wasted no time in taking her hands in his, his fingers interlacing the limbs together as he asked her how Mikey was fairing so far.

Her eyes softened from their glare, a huff releasing itself from her mouth. "Manjiros injury wasn't too much of a concern, he needed a stitch but he should be healed in a week or two."

Izana hummed. "Thats good." He commented. "Is he allowed to go to the meetings happening tomorrow?" He followed up, taking a glance at the blonde leaning on his pillows, eyes closed as he listened in.

She quirked a brow, eyes lidded as clear fatigue showed on her face yet Izana can't help but think that she's still the prettiest there is. "Is he required to?" She questioned back.

The white haired man blink back, long lashes fluttering along his lids. "Is that even an actual question? Yes, he's required to, (Y/n)."

Her brows furrowed dissaprovingly. "Just don't let him strain himself too much, else the stitch'll tear." She instructed, pulling her hands away to continue her notes, flipping it onto other patient files from other gang members that got injured.

He nodded in understanding despite the dissapointment he felt from her skin leaving his, he clenched his fists in an attempt to ground himself. "Hear that, Mikey? The nice Doctor says not to overwork yourself, alright?" He told the younger male playfully, lips curved into a teasing grin.

The blonde scowled at him. "I'm injured, Izana, not deaf." Mikey shot back before focusing back on the Tv which was now playing a commercial about a new perfume that was recently released.

A small huff of laughter passed through her lips, garnering the attention of the two brothers. "You might as well have been considering you didn't answer any of the questions I asked you before." The (h/c) haired woman informed, not looking up from her work.

Mikey blinked in surprise. "You asked me questions?"

"I did." She clarified plainly. "Had Takahashi do all the talking for you. That poor man looked so terrified talking without your permission."

"Oh? Pray tell, what were you even thinking about that was so important, Mikey?" Inquired Izana, leaning closer as if they were about to tell each other their secrets.

Mikey paused and then thought back to the warmth of her fingers on his skin, his gaze following along every twitch and movement after she finished up a stitch. They were so careful with him, he almost wanted to cry, to let himself feel vulnerable in front of her like all the other times she treated his injuries.

"Nothing." He finally responded after a long beat of silence, an unconcious hand coming back to his wounded side.

Izana followed the action with a growing realization, his brows quirked upwards. "Oh, I see. Sure doesn't seem like it though."

Mikey gave him a glare, mouth curving into a frown. He shifted in his seat to straighten himself as he maintained eye contact with the older male.

"Izana, stop picking on him, he just got shot." The only female in the room tutted, an unamused look present on her pretty face which caused a smile to break out of the blonde mans face in victory.

Izana huffed. "Whatever. You're no fun." He dismissed before moving to sit next to his younger brother. "Scooch over." He demanded firmly before shuffling so Mikey and him were shoulder to shoulder as they watch the news that came on again.