WR Files: Tokunaga & Subject 5-12

Start from the beginning

"I don't think you understand undercover work very well, sir. This Tsukishiro person has been under the radar just like almost every other agent Professor Ayanokouji had under his command. If it were so easy as to scout them out in federal vehicles, we would've found him by now." 

"No, that's not what I'm talking about. This Tsukishiro person has made an appearance in Tokyo recently. We've spotted him near the ANHS artificial island, then at Tokyo harbor, and then another time at the supposed WR Corporation building." 

Toma went back to his desk and opened a drawer. He then threw out multiple pictures of the same person, in multiple areas of Tokyo.

"It could be that he met with that Archer agent and their team personally, so as to receive a report. Regardless, this would be able to help us, by at least a little bit." Tokunaga commented. 

"I'll be visiting the Matsuos tomorrow, so while I'm at it, go back to the mountains and see what you can find. Shouldn't be too hard, right?" 

"Compared to some of my old missions, yes, this is easy. I'll take my leave sir." 

With that, Tokunagai left, closing the door behind her. 

_________________________________________________________

The very next day, Tokunaga went straight to work. She and a couple of other agents returned to the mountains to comb once again, this time with specific orders. If they manage to spot Tsukishiro, it would be their lucky day. 

Tokunaga stepped out of the SUV, clad in hiking gear and body armor, with a New Nambu M60 revolver hidden by her belt. She used this pistol supposedly during missions like these when she had to defend herself during a gunfight. Other agents also carried this same revolver model, but some opted to use the semi-automatic Minibea 9mm pistol. 

There were two squads, one led by Tokunaga, who split into two sub-groups calling themselves Teams A and B respectively, they went northwest of Tokyo. The other squad took the north. Luckily, their radios were able to work in this area, so they would contact each other at any time. 

Now, it has been four whole hours since they started searching. 

"This area is clear, around 50 kilometers away from any city buildings." One agent said. 

"Still no sign of anything. But the boss is sure of himself that something is here, so we better keep looking." Another agent commented. 

"Our vehicles are 5 kilometers out, we should keep moving a little further." Tokunaga declared. 

"Yes, ma'am." 

For another half hour, they kept looking. The second team of operators reported saying they have also found nothing, but were willing to keep searching before taking a break. After another half hour passed, they finally found something. 

As Tokunaga casually flicked away some bushes, what met her came as a bit of a shock. On instinct, she crouched down, and the agents soon followed her action. 

"What'd you find, ma'am?" An agent said through the radio.

"See for yourselves boys." 

"...Is that really a Komatsu model LAV? What's one doing in the mountains?"

A Komatsu LAV was a military issued vehicle, widely used by the Japanese army. This one was well camouflaged, its wheels hidden by bushes, its windows covered in leaves, and its top closed. That said, the agents were pretty confused as to why a military grade vehicle was sitting in the wilderness, but it confirmed for them that people were in the area, trained and perhaps hostile.