Volume 3: It Truly is Summer

Toma Hisoka POV

I was on one of the luxury liner's surface decks, staring at the ocean.

The Speranza, one of the largest luxury liners in Japan, and apparently is owned by the school. We were here because the school was nice enough to grant us a special vacation this summer. I didn't believe any of it though, but we weren't even allowed to refuse. Thankfully, most, if not all the students on board weren't motion sick from all these big waves. 

Right now though, I wasn't in it for the view, not like the others who were near me. Instead, I was waiting for the people I called out here. 

"Look at this view!" A student cried out.

"It's so beautiful!" Another shouted.

While the screams of joy were in effect, the people I called finally arrived, as one went to each side of me.

"So, what did you need from us Toma-kun?"

"Yeah, I thought I wasn't gonna work that much."

Matsushita Chiaki and Kushida Kikyou, two girls whom, through a bit of blackmail, had agreed to help me out every once in a while. They were both competent and important so that our class doesn't sit in rock bottom with less than a hundred points.

"Don't worry Kushida, your workload from me won't be much, it'll almost always revolve around Shizuko." I said.

Speaking of Shizuko, she had locked herself in her assigned room, since she absolutely did not like this much sun 24/7. She'd rather enjoy her time in a darker room, reading books, but she can't really do that because the rooms are shared. 

"So does that mean this is also related to her?" Kushida asked.

"Yes. I have a suspicious feeling that something bad is gonna happen. No matter what, at least one of you has to keep an eye on her when I'm not around, is that understood?" I asked them.

"Sounds easy enough, but why so serious?" Matsushita asked.

Easy huh? Well after what happened during the Sudou incident, I don't think that's how it is anymore. I'm remembering now, who I bumped into when I was running to the infirmary. Sure I passed people by, but I only bumped into one single group, the last ones that I passed by. 

The magenta haired dictator of Class C, Ryuuen Kakeru. I caught a slight glimpse of his face whilst running past them. The one to shout at me to watch where I was going was probably one of his classmates. 

I let my guard down, which let a lot of people see me running across the halls to something that I thought was urgent. It won't take long for someone like Ryuuen to connect the dots, that is if he hasn't connected them already. 

"I've compromised myself. No matter what happens, prioritize both your own and Shizuko's well-being. That is an order." 

"But what about-"

"That. Is. An order. I will not take no for an answer, not this time at least." 

Matsushita and Kushida got what I meant. They were to keep watch of Shizuko and Shizuko only. Not me. Though I can take care of myself, I have to keep on guard for anyone trying to poke at our weaknesses.

This all started during a conversation before we left for Tokyo Harbor. 

Flashback

I was currently at the library, confronting a petite girl with lilac hair, and a cane to keep herself up. She had called me here for what she said was an important reason. It was so important that she said in her message to come alone.