The Weddings of the Targaryens

Once the news of Laenor being killed in the hall of Driftmark arrives at Dragonstone two couples with a Sept and the family of the two couple go down to the beach for the weddings that will take place.

The first couple is Rhaegar and Rhaenyra who are marrying for love. 

The second is Daemon and Helaena. Both of whom do not want to marry but as they were advised, the number of Targaryens have to double if they are to get Rhaenyra onto the Iron Throne.

More Targaryens mean are more dragons. More dragons mean more power. More power means more support and with more support, means they have power.

'I will do my duty to my House, papa' Helaena says as Daemon stands leaning against a desk as he looks at Helaena who sits at the bottom of her bed.

'We do not have to do this' Daemon says 'I can marry someone else'

'They will not be true Targaryens and we must make our line stronger' replies Helaena repeating a lesson Daemon had told her years before.

'Fine' sighs Daemon 'But after two children we go back to being Father and daughter'

'I would like that' Helaena says with a smile with shows her relief

'We will do our duty until the first is conceived, if you are anything like your mother that will not take long. But I refuse to do it more than once a month. And when the child  it is born there will  have to be a minimum of three years between them'

Helaena nods eagerly with a smile. Daemon nods as he walks over to his daughter and kisses her forehead before resting their foreheads together.

'I am so sorry Helaena' Daemon says.

Helaena looks up at her father with a small and awkward smile.

Rhaegar and Rhaenyra who already have three children are looking forward to having more with the Targaryen name even though Jacaerys and Lucerys know Rhaegar is their father and secretly prefer him to their 'father'.

Baela, Jacaerys, Lucarys, Aegon and Rhaena who has Joffery in her arms watch along with the Maester as brother marries cousin, cousin marries cousin and sister marries father.

Rhaenyra and Rhaegar look lovingly at each other while Daemon and Helaena avoid each other's eyes. Daemon looks at Helaena's forehead while Helaena looks at her father's chest. 

As they cut each other's lips and the women put the top of an arrow onto their brides' foreheads while the men put a thumb print onto their foreheads.

Helaena looks over at Rhaegar who nods back to her with a smile. Rhaegar smiles at Rhaenyra who smiles back at him as they cut each other's palms which they put together as the Sept goes to each couple tying a cloth around each clasped hands as they repeat vows to each other before leaning forwards and kissing each other.

Daemon and Helaena split instantly after three maybe two seconds while Rhaegar and Rhaenyra continue for several more seconds before stepping away from each other smiles on both their faces as they look at each other.

After the wedding night Daemon quickly leaves the room as Helaena rolls onto her side remembering the night she once spent with her cousin Aegon. That will be the memory she will always remember.

Once Daemon leaves he almost runs to his own chamber before running over to his desk and pulls out a picture of Rhyaella who smiles up at him from it.

'What have I done, Rhyaella? You have to help me' he says 'Even Targaryens frown upon this and for good reason. She is our daughter!'

Daemon yells before picking up a glass cup and throwing it against the wall making it shatter. Daemon falls into his chair burring his head into his hands as he sobs.

While the father and daughter's lives fall part on the other side of Dragonstone Rhaenyra and her husband enjoy their wedding night.

In Kingslanding Aegon son of Alicent started to smash his hands into the wall in anger when he hears of his love's wedding to her father. Aegon might be cold and arrogant to everyone else but Helaena had seen him and his worst but yet decided to help him. After a couple of minutes that result in his hands being covered in blood Aegon falls down as he starts to sob into his hands.

Back at Driftmark Rheanys hugs Aemond tightly both sharing the grief of loosing a son for one and a lover for another.

While the two sob with each other their beloved Laenor climbs into a ship and rows towards a boat which will take him to the free cities.

He looks back towards Driftmark his heart breaking but he knows them thinking he is dead he will be safe from Rhaenyra and her schemes.

SO I KNOW YOU MIGHT HATE ME FOR THIS BUT DAEMON AND HELAENA WILL NOT BE HUSBAND AND WIFE IN ANYTHING BUT NAME FOR THE REMAINDER OF THIS STORY (I MEAN THEY WILL HAVE ONE CHILD TOGETHER). THE ONLY PERSON HELAENA WILL EVER DO ANYTHING WITH IN THIS STORY IS AEGON BUT THAT WILL HAPPEN LATER ON. (AEGON WILL BE THE FATHER TO ANY OTHER CHILDREN SHE MIGHT HAVE)

The Fire Wife  || The Dance of DragonsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara